Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    That's the way to go mate! 3D modeling, ninja-style!
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Cheers guys, .. I was hoping my next update was to show the final thing built, ... but getting the MoBo sorted is taking longer than expected, so I just posted a token update until I can access the rest of the model. I will continue to model some parts for it, but will wait to post renders of the completed model now ... This was a pain with the MoBo ..... Hardware failure never comes at a good time, ...

Jas
    Condensed & Updated a pic posted a couple of days ago ... slightly larger at 1280x768

Jas
    53967.jpg
    Nice lights! :thumb:
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Very sweet lights. Is that done with some kind of modelling trick or textures?
    Cheers Guys !

@ Armondikov:

Just Textures, .... no tricks .... The Texture is of an actual Light Lense photograph, which I then took into Photoshop to create the various Lense Colours for both OFF & ON, ... When the lights are ON, there's a light placed near each lense to emit the corresponding colour ... pretty simple to do ...

Jas
    It doesn't look like my Motherboard's going to get replaced any time soon, .... They sent me the wrong board, and then after informing them of the balls up, .. find out they don't have mine in stock ..... Someone give me a GUN ....... You'll read about it in the Papers, ... "PC Supplier Building Demolished ... Occupants Never Found" ....

With me thinking I'll have my PC back up and running soon, was going to just wait until ive got some final renders of the Tempest modelling done ... But since that could be a while ... I'll just post another small update and do the parts I can, since most of the underside was built prior to the MoBo dieing and cant get access to it atm.

Ive made a temp framework for the Cockpit, so I can at least get the Interior sorted, ... and that will be about it until I get the rest of the model back so it can all be assembled and make any adjustments / welding things together etc .....

Jas
    54064.jpg
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Sorry to hear about the Board Jas.. that really sucks... the update looks good though...:)
  • NeoHunterNeoHunter0 Posts: 0Member
    That is truly an amazing piece of work!
    Arrrrr! Curse those stone-hearted, cold-blooded suppliers! If you need any assistance pummeling some sense into them, just say the word and I'll rip off my shirt, turn green and jump over the Channell!
    Thanks guys for the support !! :thumb: ... Hopefully things will be back to normal soon ...

But for now, here's part of the Tempest Cockpit .... The actual readout / Displays on the dash are coloured, (the two that are mapped) but kept them Monochrome for the WIP pic until I texture the whole thing to show it Lit properly later ... pic 1280x768 ...

Jas

*EDIT* Updated Tempest WIP 007 - Post # 83
    that is fricking cool Jas, nice work.
    Cheers Lee !! Glad you like it, ... Will be working on the rest of it over the weekend, .. like the seat, Flight Stick, Throttle lever, Flooring etc, then it'll be another part done ready for installing into the Tempest later, and just have the inside of the canopy to sort when I get access to it .. :cool:

Jas
  • jimi kanejimi kane0 Posts: 0Member
    Very very cool dude, as usual :D

Have you thought of what colour scheme/ chapter it'll be from?
    LOL, great job, it seems like you took care of all of us who tend to wonder 'oo, I wonder what that one does? ' :D
    @ Jimi Kane:

Cheers mate !! .. Ive left it open on Chapter Colours, as once Ive unwrapped it, new chapter maps can be done pretty quick once I've done the first one, .. I would just swap out Chapter markings that would be on separate layers within my Photoshop files .... and basically apply a new base color, as well as make several variations of the worn paint if more than one was close to camera so they have their own character ... Once Ive done texture maps for it, ..... i'll probably render 2 or 3 Tempests featuring different chapters ...

@ Meph:

Heh ... I was actually thinking that when I was building it, .. That some of the 40K guys would like to see a bit of detailed Info on it .... It was interesting to do, having to think about what goes where and things making sense with every Gauge & button explained etc ... was fun ! ...

Should look quite interesting when everything is mapped, lighting applied etc :cool: ...

I just re-upped the Pic, as I spelt Radar, with an 'e' > Rader ... Oopps :rolleyes:... Only just spotted it ... hate bloody typos ...

Cheers guys !!

Jas
    I really appreciate the extra thought you put into this mate, it gives the model so much more depth. :thumb:

Oh, and another typo spotted though, it says 'conopy' instead of 'canopy'. :devil:
    Thanks Meph ! ... Another Typo ? ... Nooooooo, :eek: Damn it .... Hang On, that's not a Typo, .... 'Conopy' is the Economy class version of Canopy :D ... but since Space marines are supposed to have First Class equipment, ... I'll swap it for a CANOPY ..... :P

Thanks for the heads up on that, :thumb: .. I'll sort it now .....

Jas
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Binkerman wrote: »
    Thanks Meph ! ... Another Typo ? ... Nooooooo, :eek: Damn it .... Hang On, that's not a Typo, .... 'Conopy' is the Economy class version of Canopy :D ... but since Space marines are supposed to have First Class equipment, ... I'll swap it for a CANOPY ..... :P

Thanks for the heads up on that, :thumb: .. I'll sort it now .....

Jas

heh heh :D

Great modeling ...

Chris :)
    Or you can just change it for 'candy' and make everybody wonder in puzzlement... :D
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    cant wait to see this finished, looking great
    @ ChrisGFX & Knight-Templar:

Thanks Guys !! :thumb:

Updated the Cockpit Dash, ... Moved Gauge #3 up, and added Buttons #20, 21 along with making #16 Engine Check Light as two separate lights, since the Tempest has Two Engines, so it kinda made more sense to do that ....

Happy with the Dash layout now, ... Sorting the rest of the Cockpit atm, ready for renders hopefully this weekend ... Will have some closer views from various angles ....

Jas

*EDIT* Pic Updated Post # 87
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work on the cockpit.

And thanks for the inspiration on the lights, I'm going to try that on the Crusader's turn signals and see if I can get it as good as that. There's some good images out there if you type "headlight" into google images that I might start with.
    Scorchio!
    very cool. Love the dash Jas.
    Cheers guys, ... Didn't manage to complete the entire cockpit interior over the weekend (other RL stuff going on), but thought id post some renders of the forward half being done so far ....

Refined the Cockpit Dash some more, so the > Tempest WIP 007 pic has been updated with new renders to relate to changes made for that part ... So if you're curious about what additional Gauges / Lights do etc ... Recommend checking out that updated pic, as that's the only reference to Info about the Dash ....

I mapped a couple more Gauges & Lights for the minute just to show their displays until I get to textures to light the Cockpit properly .... Better renders will be done when the whole thing is put together, plus more when installed into the main Tempest Fuselage later ....

Jas
    54819.jpg54820.jpg
  • Knight-TemplarKnight-Templar0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW, this is looking really good Jas, Really good
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Nice instrument panel. Looks like the dash has plenty of demister vents, so they won't have any problems with windows fogging up. Looks a bit squeezy though for two blokes in power armour.
    I love the reinforced footplate under the pedals. Hehe, gives it a nice heavy-duty feel. :thumb:
    very nice job. I have to agree with DCB, does look a bit on the small side for two large guys...