Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Local TutorialSketchup Modeling Tutorials

liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
edited September 2008 in Tutorials #1
Although many 3D artists laugh at sketchup as a half rate program, they should not be so quick to dismiss its hidden power! If you have the patience to learn to use it and a good imagination you will quickly learn how to model almost anything. You can create very detailed models and export them into other programs for rendering, texturing and animation. Here are a few examples of my models some old some new, you may have seen a couple over in the 3D WIP section:

Before i write a tutorial i would like some input to what you would like me to go over first. I was thinking maybe a tutorial on how i create panel effects for spaceship hulls?
If anybody has any specific problems using sketchup you can also ask direct questions here?

P.S. I would recommend you download turbosketch for quick renders. You can use other programs to render your final model but turbosketch is built into sketchup so you dont have to mess around you literally press a big red button and it renders whats on screen at that moment.
Post edited by liam887 on

• StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    ItA’s a looong time since IA’m expecting to see a tut with sketchup.
    I would like to see a tut about the way you built the first, or the last of the ships shown in the renderings above.
  • I.G.88I.G.880 Posts: 0Member
    Would love to see a tut for Sketch up i use Sketup Primarly but i am also learning blender
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I would definitely like to learn more about hull plating in SU!