Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DNew Akira-Class Bridge Design

13»

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Well that would be almost how they do it on modern ships as well. Not sure what you mean by the Minority Report Computer though. Are you talking about where he moves his hands.
  • miragemirage0 Posts: 0Member
    Wisper wrote: »
    Well I know this is a necropost, but I am going to resurrect this thread. I have been going over my old designs and was thinking that i could do better. Then I started to think about the Galaxy bridge and did a quick search on the web and found different designs for the Galaxy bridge. Some things I like from my old design an some things i liked from the other bridges. So with out further ado here is my new Akira Bridge.

Wisper~

I think the work you are doing is great, but please add the credits to this image. While I understand that you are reworking this design, the original belongs to someone else. I found 100's of designs on this gentleman's' website a few years ago and credits need to be given to him as the original designer with updates and changes made by you. If you did not know that no worries, but I wanted to tell you so that you don't get pounded like I did when I made that mistake on a bridge redesign. I have attached the original image below so that you can get the credits and info off the design. Keep up the good update/modifications work to the design. :thumb:
    68228.jpg
    Yeah the credits are there I just didn't add them to the work in progress pic. I actually redid all the line, but your right he is the one I got it from.

And a little update for everyone.
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Wisper wrote: »
    Well that would be almost how they do it on modern ships as well. Not sure what you mean by the Minority Report Computer though. Are you talking about where he moves his hands.

Yes, the idea being they can use their hands to directly manipulate and explore the display rather than pressing buttons or dictating commands.

Chris
  • i could probable get this bridge made into an ST: bridge commander mod for PC if you want.
  • that would be awesome, though only problem I have is I dont have bridge commander. I am working on this in sketchup though. I am no where ready to show the work yet though.
    All right as the originator of this thread I am resurrecting it to show you all my newest rendition of the Akira-class Bridge. Comments and feedback always welcome.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That is a very nice bridge layout. I'm glad you decided to keep working on this. I had missed the original thread!