Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

UVing and Texturing Model with Gmax

trainmaster611trainmaster6110 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2012 in Technical Questions and Answers #1
Hi all. This is my first major modeling effort so please bare with me.

I'm making a Battle of Coruscant map for Star Wars Battlefront 2, and I'm making the models in Gmax. I've acquired permission from EvilleJedi and Dragonum to use their models in game. I've made some changes so they are more accurate.

Right now, I'm working on the munificent.

Anyways, I've found that the UVing and the textures are crap. I've found a whole slew of textures from other models and what not that I can use for the Recusant and the Munificent model, but the way the UVs are arranged, I can't place the textures where I want them. So I need to change the UVing and then texture the models to the way I want them so that I can place the textures on correctly.

I hope I'm not too confusing. But basically, I need to change the UVing to adapt to the textures, but I wouldn't know how to do that.

I'm using Gmax. Can someone give me a hand or tell me where I can find some good info on how to do this?

Recusant.jpg

MuniSpikes2.jpg
Post edited by trainmaster611 on

• iOSYSiOSYS0 Posts: 0Member
    In Gmax, the easiest way is to use the speed panal (keyboard shortcut: y key) and then use the 3 icons to the far right of the modifiers tab. First, select an object and apply a UVW map modifer, to "place" the model over the texture, then use the UVW unwrap modifier (and then the edit button) to move its position on the texture around.

Hope that helps.
  • spudmonkeyspudmonkey0 Posts: 0Member
    A brief off-site tutorial can be found here

Nice looking model BTW :D
  • legoaplegoap0 Posts: 0Member
    when are you going to finish your models, i could use them in the game i am working on (it will be a free game)