Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFarscapes Moya

• PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    ^ Not at the texturing stage just yet, but she's coming along very nicely.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    yes cheers, I'm going to start texturing as soon as all the ridges are done, not posted anything for a while, really busy a work. modeling and animating a penguin, and maya fur is a %~#$*......

so sort of neglected moya this week. but i did a quick rework on the mesh because i wasnt happy with it "again" so i'll get some newer stills asap.

thanks for the continuing interest guys.
    ok, thought id update this wip, been realy buisy lately and moya kind of sat on the shelf for a bit. i started modeling talyn over the weekend aswell, but thought id better finnish this one, before i start on another model.

i took the origional model to pieces and sort of started from the very basic shape again, slimmed the front and edited the top crest. ive been working on the ridges for a few days on and off now. but i think the model looks better for it.
  • DerekDRPDerekDRP0 Posts: 0Member
    You came a long ways bro.

Props
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Sweet work there. Very realistic.
    Ok done a bit more over the weekend. annoyingly its getting harder to find some free time to model these days.

concentrating on the underside now, and finishing off the arm ridges. I'll probably end up adding more to the main body. when i next look at one of the dvds for reference.

cheers for the comments guys.
    A couple of new stills. i've done the ridges underneath the body. just got a few on the arms to go. then i can crack on with smoothing the whole mesh and texturing it.
  • domain101domain1010 Posts: 0Member
    Wow - looking great! All the Moya models I've seen so far look shabby at best. You're doing great so far!
  • AhkileezAhkileez341 Posts: 30Member
    They did a beautiful job with Moya in Farscape. Despite her odd shape, she doesn't look bad from any angle - very few scifi ships can say that. The CGI guys that did the shots really knew how to shoot her too, giving her personality. Over time you came to regard the ship as another one of the characters - exactly as intended.
    might be getting a bit snap happy with these stills, it doesn't look like I've done much. but I've been working on it for a few days and i think I'm finally-finally done with the ridges, or veins as I've started calling them.

so now its down to smoothing the lines now, then texturing, but i think i keep saying that.

cheers for the comments guys, its great to have so many on a non trek wip.
    just realised i pressesd post before id finnished, the red shape in the close up pic is where i need to put the hanger bay. so that needs to go in. not sure weather or not to do the inside of the hander bay, might look for some reference on that.

great comment about moya being a character, definetly. good for story lines aswell when your not just worried about the ship getting damaged, but weather its getting hurt or scared. and also the main reason i staryed this model was because i was tiered of seeing realy shoddy models of moya floating around. (not to sound up my own *&@%;)
    Do you plan to release this mesh, Mark?
    i was thinking about that, im not sure. i think i probably will because i've downloaded my fair share of model in my time, so it would be a bit hypocritical if i didnt.

but if i didnt upload it im sure if anyone asked for it id email it to them.

See how well it turns out i guess.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great!
    Well I'm not much of a 3D person, but I'd download a copy and hold on to it for perpetuity if I could. I'm a fairly rabid 'Scaper. :)
    Another quick post. I've been working on the UVs for a couple of days now, so shes ready to texture. finally......

before i do that I've got to smooth out all the veins so there flush against the hull. so this might be the last post for a while.. As modeling the veins took a few weeks so editing them might take just as long..

i think this is the home stretch now.
    She's looking awesome, Mark!
    Worked on Moya last night, shes been on the shelf for the last few weeks while i've been working on Talyn and work....

not much of an update, but I've made a start on smoothing the veins, still think it'll be a while before shes ready to texture..
    Any progress is good progress. :) I'm happy to see new pics of her.
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice. I just checked screen shots of her in season one....she is looking spot on. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks, its taken me a good few attempts to get her over all shape looking right, or at least to something thats close enough for me to be happy with. once all the veins are done its a case of texturing. I'm thinking of going for the season 1 texture.. I've been looking through the dvds and her texture changes in every season i think..
    Just a small update... I mean small,

Working on the veins again over the weekend, this is taking ages haha..
    Probably would be simpler to put them on with bumpmaps eh?
    Yes it would be easier, but ive modeled them because i don't think bump maps will stand up on close ups.... there probably is an easier way though. probably with lofting nurbs..
    Another update, almost finnished with the veins on her boday, and under side. just the arms to go now.

I'll probably add a few more on when ive smoothed the ones i have.

but shes getting there now.
    She's gonna look aces once she's textured :)
    It's taken long enough but i have finnished the veins on Moya....

I say finnished theres still a little more to do on them and im going to add a few more, but its 99.9% there.

Before i do that i'm going to work on the hanger. Give myself a break from them for a few weeks. I'll probably work on talyn and get him a little more detailed.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    very nice. :thumb:
    how many polys?
    there are around 40000 faces so far. i guess double that if your counting in triangles.
    She's going to look incredible once she's done.