Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

External TutorialSubpatch Video - how to create pipe joints - Lightwave

JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
edited December 2007 in Tutorials #1
just finished up one more subpatch video...

Creating 'X' and 'T' pipe joints using subdivision surfaces -
This video shows how to create both X and T pipe joints that have smoothing in the weld areas in Lightwave using subdivision surface / subpatch modeling. Also shows how to keep an all quad workflow in the model. The final lwo model is available for download.

Application: Lightwave 9.3 / File size: 29.1MB / Length: 17:12

All of the videos
Pixel and Poly - Video Tutorials

New Pipe Joints video
Pixel and Poly - Pipe Joints Tutorial

enjoy!! :)
--Jeff
Post edited by JeffrySG on

• DAveDAve0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice video, again:)

As an alternative to using the stretch tool to align points you could use point info ('i' when in point mode), as this will tell you the coordinates of the point you want to align to an allow you to set that value for all the other points

Personally I wrote a plugin to align all selected points to the last selected. I've never bothered to release it, but I've stuck it up here in case you are interested. It works for me using LW 9.3, but I've not stress tested it at all (that's why I've not released it)

Once again, top work :thumb:

DAve
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Thx DAve! The plugin sounds cool. I'm running on the mac ub version so I can use the .p plugins.... doh! I hate that they have different formats for the plugins, but what can one do... lol
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I just spotted the screw thread tutorial, pretty good stuff there
    DAve wrote: »
    It works for me using LW 9.3, but I've not stress tested it at all (that's why I've not released it)
    don't worry newtek don't stress test any of theirs either :p
    Did you mean....

I'm running on the mac ub version so I can't use the .p plugins ?

If so is there anyone out there who can compile for the mac?

DAve
    opps... yes, you are correct. I cannot use the .p plugins only the .plugin plugins.... lol

I don't know anything about compiling for the mac... not sure if anyone on the NT forums could help out. I wish there was a very easy way to just convert all the plugins. If you posted in the Mac area of the NT forums, maybe Chilton (who heads up the mac programing) would have some suggestions for you.
    TBH I could probably write something similar in LScript.
    I'll try to remember to take a look in the New Year.

DAve
    DAve wrote: »
    TBH I could probably write something similar in LScript.
    I'll try to remember to take a look in the New Year.
    DAve

I'll keep my eye out for it! :)
    IRML wrote: »
    I just spotted the screw thread tutorial, pretty good stuff there don't worry newtek don't stress test any of theirs either :p

Cheers, IRML! :D
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    As I've said elsewhere, thanks for sharing these with the community! Cool tutorials, now get onto hard things :D
    ^aaahhhh..... lol
    I'm going to try to work on a perfume bottle tutorial next. But to be honest, most of the techniques are just a take on the ones I covered already. ;)