Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPearse's BSG models

• -=sAs=--=sAs=-336 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing! Nice job man....
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww what a cockpit great work
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks a lot. :) Unfortunately I won't have any time for this for a couple of weeks due to work, but on the plus side I might actually get paid enough to buy a new computer that works properly. Modeling on this old bucket of bolts is such a struggle... drives me nuts :D
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Great models Pearse, and in cinema 4d aswell. I've not used that program in about 5-6 years. Since i moved onto maya. I'm guessing its come on a lot since then Iit was like duplo when i used it..

Great vipers and love your cockpit.. that felt dirty typing that...

I hate it when work gets in the way of this stuff... good for money though, and like you said upgrading the hardware.. What do you do if you dont mind me asking..
    lol, thanks. There's probably no non-dirty sounding way of saying that.

I studied graphic design at university, so I've been doing some freelance web design work since I graduated last year, but 3D modeling interests me a lot more... designing webpages doesn't really compete with making spaceships. ;)

I think C4D's pretty sophisticated now (it's on version 11), although it's still not one of the big boys. Cheap enough that I could actually buy a copy, in fact. :) I like the interface a lot, but I'll move on to Maya or Lightwave sooner or later.
    Oh no dont get me wrong i wasnt trying to say that you should move on. I know its not classeed as "one of the big boys". But is supprising how many people use it. Probably because it is so much cheaper than max or Lightwave... And its certanly Been a great tool for you..

And i get what you mean about work. I've been animating always panty liners for the past month.... Every morning i pray for a job to come in with space ships flying around...Its not happened yet but im still hopefull..

Any way, enough of my ranting and bad grammar. Cant wait to see more of your work..
    Well, at least you're modeling something that has wings. That's a start. :p

I knew what you meant, but I want to learn a more sophisticated program anyway. If I'm ever going to get a job doing 3D modeling I should make sure I know how to use the professional programs, just like I did with all the graphics software. You don't see any adverts looking for someone who knows how to use C4D, it's all Max, Maya and Lightwave. :)
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    That cockpit is a piece of art, exception made to the keyboard. The map isnA’t in a good resolution. But, for sure, itA’s a piece of cake to solve that. ;)
    Thanks. :D Yeah, you're right about that keyboard... I'd kind of got used to it, but it's just a video. I'll make a hi res version, or model it when I get a chance. Eventually I'll make a second version of the cockpit that's just textures, too.
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Superb cockpit-work !
    It's allways fine to get a closer lookt at the job your runing with the viper.
  • under9starsunder9stars0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Pearse, that cockpit is looking fantastic! Very photo-real!

I thought I would pass on another little nugget I thought was cool, it is a link to the downloadable Battlestar Galactica Auction Catalogue:

Battlestar Galactica auction catalog available for download! : Battlestar Galactica Props & Costumes

I know for a fact that they have some cockpit shots of the Mark VII in there. There are a lot of cool images in general.

Great work!
    Thanks a lot. :) I actually found an image of the cockpit on their ebay auctions the other day. Would've been so useful back when I was first looking for references, but thankfully it confirms most of the modeling and texturing I've done, rather than making clear any glaring errors. Quite a relief.

I think they're auctioning the Mk IIs in May, so you should get some good reference material from that, though I don't think you really need it. ;)
    Popped out a render with my Mk VII in the bay. This was for my deviant art ID pic, so it's not that big and I forgot all about including my cockpit. Oops. The viper was all a bit of an afterthought. :confused:

dev_id_render9_full2.jpg

The full version is here, with some other bits and bobs included.

One of these days I'll get a new computer so I can do some animations. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    That's AWESOME!:thumb:
    Great work Pearse, hope to see more renders of the Viper and the hangar.;)
  • Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Outstanding work mate:thumb:
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work John, like the clipboard too.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    love it!!! really great work!
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work.
    Thats a great render of the hanger mate.
  • backsteptbackstept2072 Posts: 926Member
    fantastic job :thumb:
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    I can't believe I missed this thread. Great work, and that cockpit interior looks amazing!!

Care to post some wireframes of the two vipers?

:D
    Thanks all! :)

I'll post some wireframes and full renders of my vipers when I get a spare moment. I still haven't finished my Mk VII, though. There are still some gridlines to add and loads of optimisation.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    love the work you've done.
    Thankyou!
    Fantastic Viper and Hangar Bay image Pearse! Lighting looks great. Is the Viper comped in or rendered together with the Hangar?

-Jeremy
    Thanks! Yup, the Viper is comped in. I originally just planned it to be a render of the hangar bay, but it looked a little bare and I did have my MK VII to hand, so I composited it in afterwards. I know the lighting is a little off, but hopefully it doesn't look too weird. :)

Btw, have you seen these new references of the Mk II? These things always turn up when the work is over, eh? ;)

Viper Mk II FULL SIZED Prop from SPACEMIND MODELER (Jared Bronson)
    Yeah, how do like that? Well, I will have to dl those for posterity. JeffryCG did give me the heads up on some of those. Like I said before, I tried my absolute hardest to be the most accurate I could and I won't lose sleep anymore on future revelations.

Busy now with modeling a medium resolution pilot in my likeness for the viper and texturing the hangar bay. I am having fun!

What's next???

best,
    Jeremy
  • teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    if this is your first major model, wow! that's all i can say! WOW!
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Fantastic.
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    The pic looks very good to me, realistic :thumb:. I am looking forward to see your new render pics.
    And that is true about getting references when you have the job done XD .