Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips of the Federation Civil War

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That nacsell is looking sweet.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I like those details, and the whole nacelle shape is also pretty cool now that I think about it.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    UPDATE...
    I think IA’m finished with the details of the warp engine. For now atleast. You can also see the start of what will be the impulse engine. I just need to chamfer some edges.
    1661.jpg
    Some small details added below the warp pylon
    1662.jpg
    This shows the detail I added to the front of the warp engine.
    1663.jpg
  • tobiantobian226 Posts: 1,600Member
    Looks really nice. I like your attention to detailing here.
    Nice.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Rugged looking.
    UPDATE...
    Well I’ve finally decided to go back and make something I started just before my last HD crashed on me a few years ago. My version of Relay Station 47. I’ll do what I can because I don’t have much reference for it. I don’t even know the size of this thing.
    1693.jpg
    1694.jpg
    1695.jpg
    1696.jpg
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Nice start.
    Defining the size of the station shouldn't be that hard, for there are enough windows to get an idea of the size of the station.
    i will be watch this thread closely :)
    UPDATE...
    Well I think I’ve got this thing pretty much blocked in. Still a few small things to do but didn’t think I needed them yet. Now on to some details.
    1697.jpg
    1698.jpg
    1699.jpg
    1700.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good :)

the only thing that looks different to me is the central body - yours looks more hard edges when I perceived the model to be pretty round there
    It might be. But I'm not doing an exact copy so I'm ok with it.:D

UPDATE...
    More details added to the top of the station.
    1701.jpg
    1702.jpg
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great!
    Really nice.
    Thank you.

UPDATE...
    I’ve begun to work on the bottom of the station. I guess this has a fusion reactor in it but I’m not 100% sure what that is on very bottom but it looks like some kind of engine to me.
    1703.jpg
    1704.jpg
    1705.jpg
    UPDATE...
    This part is coming along rather nicely I think. I might actually be able to finish it up before the end of the month.
    1706.jpg
    1707.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Well I would just about call myself done with this part. Just need a few chamfers and details for that small engine. I’m really happy with how those four bottom flappy things turned out. I would have posted these yesterday but I was busy all day taking care of the dog. Just found out he might have
    leukemia.
    1708.jpg
    1709.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I decided to finish of a few of the detail for my relay station. Just a few things more to do and I can move onto the next section.
    1780.jpg
    1781.jpg
    Still haven’t decided on the scale for this thing. I couldn’t find any information on the size of the one used in the show.
    1782.jpg
    Loving the details, thought he big square panels on the front of the square area are a bit too CG-ish (lots of shift and inset).

I'd say the scale should be at least twice that, as you'd not want to be cooped up in something that small!
    Yeah I gotta agree with you about the boxes but that's what I get for following my references. I've already begun to change things a bit with the second part of the station because I don't want it to look exactly like the one in the show.
    UPDATE...
    Found this left over close up of the engine so I thought I’d post it.
    1783.jpg
    Started to work on the second section and I added a new part to the outside just to give it more space and keep it from being just a knock off of Relay Station 47.
    1784.jpg
    1785.jpg
    This is how it looks with the first part.
    1786.jpg
    1787.jpg
    Just picked up the second season TNG on Blu-Ray and so far not really impressed with the restoration on this one.
    This is coming along nicely.
    Thanks Freak. :D

UPDATE...
    Well the second part is starting to come together. So far I’m happy with it but I still need to add a few things. I’ve changed the size to about 150 meters and it still feels smaller than what I would like when I put a shuttle next it. But I think going any bigger would be kind of ridiculous. I really like the grid lines I did on this I usually go either too thick or too deep but I think these look good.
    1790.jpg
    1791.jpg
    Just wanted to see how both parts look together.
    1792.jpg
    UPDATE...
    I’ve added more details. Just a few more things to add.
    1793.jpg
    1794.jpg
    Looking nicer and nicer. The detailing is coming out really well on the upper section!
    Thanks.

UPDATE...
    I’ve decided to add an airlock. The shuttle is just there to check on size. I added a little bit of detail on the part that runs up the side of the station. I’m thinking I might also be able to use the same thing as part of the airlock door.
    1795.jpg
    Here is a close up of the airlock door. It’s made to open so I might do an interior for the airlock. I also noticed alot of segmenting so I had to add more. It’s better than it was.
    1796.jpg
    And here it is on the outside with a texture test and more details.
    1797.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Now that I look at it this was kind of a dumb place for an airlock because there is still very little space and not alot of room between the airlock and the turbolift that runs down the center. Oh well. All I did here was add two little red lights.
    1798.jpg
    Started on the next section. ItA’s turned out nice so far.
    1799.jpg
    1800.jpg
    UPDATE...
    Here are the rest of the images I didnA’t get a chance to post because the drain in my laundry room backed up.
    HereA’s a look at the backside with more little details added.
    1801.jpg
    I was thinking about adding another module because there just isnA’t that much room. IA’m just not sure if it looks too unbalanced.
    1802.jpg
    I actually think this one works out better.
    18031.jpg
    You done some great details on this.
    I like the add-on section your thinking about.
    You could mirrior what you done and call it a different station.
    It is meant to be a different station. If I did mirror it. It would cover the detail I have on the other side.
    UPDATE...
    Between all the stuff going on after my father’s death and playing Mass Effect 2 I haven’t felt much like doing any work. But instead of do another dresser for my house I thought I change things up for myself and go back to this station. I’ve started to add details to the new module. I decided I want it to look a little bit newer than the rest of the station since it’s just an add on to make more room. I should be getting a new computer in a few weeks. Either next month or the following month.
    1877.jpg
    1876.jpg