Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRetextures of Coxxon's BSG Models

• FuryofaseraphFuryofaseraph0 Posts: 0Member
    Okay, here's the deal.
    I know this is 2D, but these are going to be used for 3D eventually. Also, I don't want to create a new thread.

Here are my BSG ranks. No they aren't exactly like the show, they aren't meant to be.

23887603qd9.jpg18128046ny5.jpg
    32896666al2.jpg45768110ch3.jpg
    95859166kf7.jpg36536576pr3.jpg
    53228585ii6.jpg69777868rm0.jpg
    44566124gu9.jpg14678072qt5.jpg
    insigniawq7.jpg

^____^
    Enjoy.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Personally I like these more than the green/red ones from the show... :thumb:
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    Really interesting to see the different schemes for the BSG ships. The rusty Viper makes me curious how successful some battle damaged textures would be.
    Who's got his mojo back?
    oh yeah, I do.
    fleet2lw9.jpg
    Chrysaor (upper right) model by WickedZombie45 - remapped and retextured by me.
    Basilisk (upper left) by Dark Saber - remapped and retexted by me.
    Yes the Basilisk is a Star Wars Dreadnaught. It works really well, though.
    Here's a close up
    dn5va7.jpg
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Welcome back!. :)
    Thanks starship.

I am surprised more people haven't flamed me for the Basilisk. Do people like?
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    I like it, it definitely fits in with your retexturing. And overall, your generally darker textures make the fleet look a whole lot meaner!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    the Basilisk does fit in nicely. Great job and glad to see this back.
    Somehow it feels wrong to rip designs from one universe and add it to another. Despite this, the more I think about this the more this seems like a good idea: I think I am going to retexture a Marauder Corvette and a Merchantman freighter for BSG duty as well.
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    Is Chrysaor not done yet? The other three look rockin'.

But when are ya gonna release all this goodness?! I know the BSGFC team (myself included) are chomping at the bit to get these skins.

-Stefan-
    I have been away from my computer for the last few days. The chrysaor is still top at my list. It will be done before I do the other ships I have in mind. As far as releasing goes? I have to see what the respective modellers say.
    I just hit a snag. I lost the Max file I was working in, and thusly all the changes to the Mapping. So i get to remap everything.
    Basilisk has been Re-remapped. Going to bed. I'll re-remap the Chrysaor next.
    The Colonial system, as I imagine it.
    map2qp4.jpg
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Hey sweet Planet diagram! I've always found it hillarious that 12 habitable planets exist in one frakkin' system. It's just dumb. Seriously, what's the probability of that?!
    Well, the colonials probably had FTL capability to get to the colonial system from Kobol. That indicates a high-level of tech when they first arrived. It is possible that they used all of their resources to terraform viable planetary bodies. (Caprica and Aerelon would have been naturally habitable.) After the terraforming efforts, its likely they would have backslid into less advanced stages (with minor bits of advanced tech sprinkled in) due to lack of maintenance, improper facilities, etc. They probably went so far back as to steam-level or even further. However, once they got themselves established, it did not take long for them to make leaps and bounds forward again (since they already mostly HOW to do such things, they just didn't have the means to).
    -=shrug=- it works for me.
    Work progresses on the remake of the Basilisk since one of my files went corrupt.
    basiliskxh2.jpg

Homeworld Colors just for the fun of it.
    basiliskhwfq0.jpg
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Tovette wrote: »
    Hey sweet Planet diagram! I've always found it hillarious that 12 habitable planets exist in one frakkin' system. It's just dumb. Seriously, what's the probability of that?!

if you think that is bad, check out Joss Whedon's Firefly system. the new colors are funky, I like the first one but the second looks like a space taxi:lol:
  • SastreiSastrei171 Posts: 0Member
    You have two Aerelons in there, Fury. Awesome map though!

-Stefan-
  • firekitefirekite0 Posts: 0Member
    the single system myth is a fan creation. the home systems are displayed on the starchart wall at the back of the bridge during saga of a star world.
    "In a blog entry Ronald D. Moore states that all planets are situated within one system, in keeping with the Original Series." ~ Battlestar Wiki.

With the backstory I mentioned before, it works enough for me.
    You have two Aerelons in there, Fury. Awesome map though!

Thank you. The 'Aerelon' orbiting Odesseon was meant to be 'Leonis' will be fixed soon.

Like I said, the Homeworld colors were just for kicks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    lol. Nikon.

I believe the fan des for the homweworlds is "Cyrannus"
    I've heard that. I will probably end up using it.

Edit: updated the map in the old post.
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    very cool texturing! love em!
  • firekitefirekite0 Posts: 0Member
    i am well aware of his blog entry, there are 2 fan create myths about the tos series. first one is that there were only 12 battlestars (one per colony) which glen larsons claimed was false. the other was the single system myth. the 12 colonies orbited 3 single and 1 binary star (4 solar systems) systems ( called cyrannus or cyrannus cluster. note larsons has yet to openly dispute this myth other than to say he has not said they all orbited the same star). the myths are best known and since mr moore is telling a great (dare i say epic) tale he has avoided technobable where ever possible.either way it was not an issue where the store is concerned.

as for your map it is absolutely beutiful and i thank you for sharing it. have you created one for kobol and new caprica and if so will you post those as well?
    Still thinking about it. I might split the colonies up still. -=shrug=-
    Oh yeah, change the last planet in the system to "Ragnar"... my bad.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Nice map! I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen anybody else try to do this before. On your map, are the smaller bodies moons of the larger ones, or are they just planets that share orbits?
    They are meant to be moons. I would've made orbital rings for those, but I got lazy.
  • PioneermanPioneerman0 Posts: 0Member
    I thought those basestar models were sweet. I am never able to find other designs other than the original ones from the show. People focus on the colonials alot of the time
    thanks Pioneer.
    Thats a predictable trend. There are more Federation ships than klingon or romulan, no?

Work progresses on the Basilisk.
    manticorewo3.jpg