Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy BSG Models

• Ice-DragonIce-Dragon0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the vote of confidence there Freak.

Yoda I took a look at ep4 - 'Resistance' still not a lot to go on but I've started to continue with the work on The Gideon and I'll just have see how it comes out.
  • ElffinElffin171 Posts: 0Member
    That's coming along well I-D. Think it would be quite accomplishment when you finish this one. :)
    yoda wrote: »
    Think it would be quite accomplishment when you finish this one. :)

IF, if i Finish this:lol:. I keep looking at the pic of this ship and every time i see something new, i think I'll have to guess what the other side looks like tho.
    I've seen some guys change the contrast on the 'pics' themselves in order to get better outlines/shape. Could be useful (but you've probably tried that!)
    I've seen some guys change the contrast on the 'pics' themselves in order to get better outlines/shape. Could be useful (but you've probably tried that!)

Yes I've try that:lol: no luck tho BUT I'm not going to give up.

Started this out of frustration It's going to be one of the Colonial liners.

th_BSGLiners.jpg

Not much to look at but only had 45mins.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Look like the Olympic, you are off to a great start.
    Just a small up date for the Colonial liner.
    I've been working on the engines and the tale.

th_BSGLiners-1.jpgth_BSGLiners-2.jpg

Comments are always welcome.
    Nice!

How many polys so far?
    She's Sitting at around 4,150 polys so far and there is still alot to do.
  • score1_ukscore1_uk0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi fella, u wanna go at the Resurection ship? We would love to see one about the 3500 - 4000 poly range for use in our mod.
    The Majahual

Started this a few hours ago, it still needs a little work but i thought you would like to have a look anyway.

th_Majahual.jpgth_Majahual-2.jpgth_Majahual-1.jpg

She is currently sitting at around 7,500 polys at the moment.

Comments are welcome.

Sorry score1_uk but I can't help you out I'm afraid.

I-D
    Hi Everyone,

I have just started making the Viper MKII:-
    Not much to look at, at the moment.
    After I have finished it I'll go about making a variant of it.
    Viper MK II.

Small up date, I thought I would post up a Picture time line of this model.
    th_ViperMK2.1.jpgth_ViperMK2.2.jpgth_ViperMK2.3.jpgth_ViperMK2.4.jpg

There is still lots to do but it's getting there:)
    that viper is looking pritty sweet!
  • newmannewman0 Posts: 0Member
    Are you intentionally going for low-poly?
    Anyway, you might want to look at this:
    zoic viper
    I'm also in the process of building one myself, if you'd like to check it out you can do so
    here
    What I really reccomend, though, is checking out either al3d's or Gabriel Koerner's vipers..
    they're the best I've seen. I'm sure they can be found easily either here or with google..
    Thanks Freak It's getting there:lol:

Hi newman, at the moment it is a low-poly model, there is still alot I'm going to add to it.
    ( It's not bad for someone who started making models about 12 weeks ago so I'm still learning.:lol: )
    Well, if you get stuck, feel free to contact me. If you're a max user I can probably be of some help, and I did study the viper a lot so I have some idea what it should look like; I'm definitely not the most konwledgable here in regards to that, but I'd be happy to help you out if you need it.
    Very nice work I-D - what will you think of next!?! I have a feeling that you'll have your own BSG Fleet by the end of July! :cool:

Just out of interest - does Blender allow you to have transparent panels in order to get cockpit windows?

@ Newman - really admire the work on your Viper btw. :thumb:
    I have a feeling that you'll have your own BSG Fleet by the end of July! :cool:

You Think:lol::lol:
    Maybe by the end of the year:p
    Just out of interest - does Blender allow you to have transparent panels in order to get cockpit windows?

Yes it dose. Why?

Small up date.

I have been working on the fans for the engines but i don't think they look right.
    What do you think?

th_ViperMK2.jpg

Comments Are Welcome
    The two side engines look fine, but the middle on looks a little off, but that could be due to shadows.
    Thanks Freak i had a look at the middle engine and took out the fan, looks better.

small update.

I've been working on the cockpit it's not ready yet bet is getting there.
    yoda you asked if blender can do transparent panels ( yes ) just have a close look at the cockpit :p:lol:.

th_ViperMK2-3.jpg

I-D
    Looks good. It reminds me to but in some window in my cockpit for my fighter.
    Small up date today.
    I've been reworking the cockpit, now looks much better, and I've been adding in the thrusters into the nose with mix results.

Now all I have to model in is the thrusters in the tops of the engines and the underside of the ship.
    th_ViperMK2-5.jpg
    Freak wrote: »
    It reminds me to but in some window in my cockpit for my fighter.

How will you do your windows?

Comments are welcome.
    Now that looks pretty mean I-D!.

V. impressive.
    Look great, I amazed at how fast you are knocking these out, see you have not used Blender for Long.

I have not done it yet, but if you look at my thread for my fighter. The cockpit does not have any windows. What I am going to do is take a cube and turn it into the shape of the cockpit. Remove all faces that are not need, and then make it transparent, with some texture that will give it that window look. I might black it out to save me having to model the inside of the cockpit.
    Hi All,
    The Viper MKII has been placed on the back burner for the time being, as for the reason? well I'll be putting in the interior of the cockpit and a viper pilot but in till I get around to learning how to make the pilot. I'll be making some more of the fleet first.

Here is a little ship I've been doing at the moment The Cylon Raider.
    It still need a little work and any suggestions would be great.

th_CylonRaider-1.jpg

Comments are welcome
    I-D
    :thumb:

Very nice work I-D
    That raider is looking cool!
    Always nice to see another raider, I rather like that ship.
    I have some observations, if I may: some of your meshes seem to have certain smoothing issues. Check out the tips of your raider's wings for example. These weird shading areas are usually caused either by overlapping vertices/edges, or unudjasted smoothing groups. Might want to check that out.
    Another thing is the materials you apply to the models - in my opinion, they look a bit weird. If you want to go for glossy, get a raytrace material, high specularity and glossiness, set a small reflectivity factor (2-5, or play with the settings until satisfied), and finally set up an environment map in spherical mode to have something to reflect.
    Another good way of presenting meshes is with a matte material - glossiness either zero or close to it, with 60-100 specularity, depending on your personal preference. You don't need reflectivity this way, so you can get away with a non-raytrace material. Either way, you'll also need some sort of lights; you might find skylight to produce decent results with minimal fuss.
    Setting up the materials and lighting in this way will only require a small ammount of time, and will make your meshes stand out a whole lot more. Presentation is very important ;)
    At any rate, keep plugging away!
    Oh, and if you need help/advice, feel free to contact me.
    Hi newman, thanks for the observations, that has helped me out a lot. I've never liked the way the wings look, it might have something to do with that ridge running down the middle, so over the next couple of days I'm going to try and make a sleeker set.

Question: What would look better:- should I model the Missile doors on the underside closedth_87923_raider_cylon_mk2missledoors.jpg
    or open with a couple of Nukes?

As for the material side of things I'll have another go at that to.

I-D