Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Love the updates! My wish list of Star Wars meshes would be the Imperial Light Cruiser and the Ghost.
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    I'm back.

inex15.jpg
    inex16.jpg
    inex17.jpg
    inex18.jpg
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    Whee!!

Thought you might have not realized the site was back up and were gone for good. Yay, I'm wrong!

I take it that the lower turbolaser battery on the first image was removed in the other three images for clarity reasons while you worked on the 'keel' boom?
    Barricade wrote: »
    Whee!!

Thought you might have not realized the site was back up and were gone for good. Yay, I'm wrong!

I take it that the lower turbolaser battery on the first image was removed in the other three images for clarity reasons while you worked on the 'keel' boom?

Yep for the battery.

If this site ever goes down all my updates go on my personal site as well.
    inex19.jpg
    inex20.jpg
    inex21.jpg
    inex22.jpg
    inex23.jpg
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    Looking good

Has doing the Mon Cal ship helped at all with the panelling this time around?
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work - as usual
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Looks a bit like how a trek ship would look like in the Star Wars universe.
    Pretty much done. Need name!

light_crv6.jpg
    light_crv7.jpg
    light_crv8.jpg
    light_crv9.jpg
    light_crv10.jpg
    light_crv11.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Dunno abot a name, but I love it so much. Reminding me of the Nostormo lifeboat.
  • YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    Trygon

Latin for "stringray"
    A very large zerstoerer TIE. Two light turbolasers as primary armament. It's big and thus heavy, but enormously energetic to feed the turbolasers, so probably a little under Avenger performance. The name is a SWTOR reference, because I loved flying the Mangler and this is a similar concept. I was originally going to make this a StarWing chassis (like the Mangler's design ancestry), but I felt like a TIE series would be more thematically appropriate.

ytie1.jpg
    ytie2.jpg
    ytie3.jpg
    ytie4.jpg
    ytie5.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    That will be a real beast! =D

I don't know what you have in mind for the body...

But I would say a combination between the TIE Advanced X1 body and the Scimitar Assault Bomber cockpit.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    How about a wider cockpit in the vein of the new TIE Silencer? Could be interesting to see your take on that FractalSponge...
    ytie6.jpg
    ytie7.jpg
    ytie8.jpg
    ytie9.jpg
    ytie10.jpg
    Aiwha-class Star Corvette gallery up:
    light_crv21.jpg
    Pretty much done...

ytie11.jpg
    ytie12.jpg
    ytie13.jpg
    ytie14.jpg
    ytie15.jpg
  • BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    Epic! Feels like I'm looking at something from Star Wars 8, as in the one that could have come out in the 80s.
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    I'd have certainly rather had one in the early 90s (preferably based on Heir to the Empire :D ) than the rubbish they keep foisting on us with this new trilogy - apart from Kylo's new TIE, the rest of the design work is looking pretty feeble for Ep8.

It's a shame, as I like the new "Big Three," whereas both the Empire v2.0 'Lite' and its main players all seem quite lacklustre in comparison. :(
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I'd like to see a TIE cocpit surrounded by rotating "solar" panels--shaped like the NWS hurricane symbol.
    http://learningweather.psu.edu/sites/default/files/Lesson2/hurricane_symbol.png
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    publiusr wrote: »
    I'd like to see a TIE cocpit surrounded by rotating "solar" panels--shaped like the NWS hurricane symbol.
    http://learningweather.psu.edu/sites/default/files/Lesson2/hurricane_symbol.png

Ironically, someone did just that with a fan-designed TIE on here several years ago, although its hosted over at conceptships now:

http://conceptships.blogspot.com/2015/12/star-wars-saturday_12.html
    TIE Mangler gallery is up:
    ytie27-1024x640.jpg
    New WIP - playing around with a fleet-variant Acclamator. Or, speculatively, what was cut-down to make an Acclamator transport. Similar hull, but with the slopes and such extended, larger reactor, larger superstructure, extended aft area for a bigger engine fit to move the extra mass even faster than an Acclamator. Targeting maybe 1/8th ISD power, 3500g+ acceleration.

leveller1.jpg
    leveller2.jpg
    leveller3.jpg
    leveller4.jpg
    leveller5.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Looks very interesting.
    So I've been thinking about a 3-4km star battlecruiser. I wanted an old-timey comics feel to the design, so I started messing about, then realized that I had a hull that would work - my old Victory-class concept, which obviously wouldn't be a destroyer now. That had a deliberate mix of PT and OT elements (makes sense, right, late Old Republic/early Imperial design). So I started scaling, then grafting on superstructure bits. I tried making the bridge a little different (in my mind this design is definitively Old Republic KDY, maybe even older than the standard hexagonal bridge module, but refitted for the Clone Wars and Imperial era). Here's what I got.

starbc1.jpg
    starbc2.jpg
    starbc3.jpg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Cooooooooooooooooll!
    starbc4.jpg
    starbc5.jpg
    starbc6.jpg
    starbc7.jpg