Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Wars projects thread

• OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Lovin it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    you've been eatin to much McDonalds ozy...:lol:

looks like a great start. just to clarify these are the things that roll up and have shields right?
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Dallidas wrote: »
    just to clarify these are the things that roll up and have shields right?
    ^yep
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    @ fractalsponge: not sure if I ever saw your ISD or your tie fighter before, but I looked at them yesterday on your gallery page.... damm... some incredible models there! amazing work mate!!!

looking forward to more posts! :)
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Hey, I've built one of those before, although in a slightly different medium:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/general-discussion/23345-star-wars-day-library.html
    :D

That thing is a suprisingly complex mechanism, even for Star Wars! Nice work so far.
  • DucimusDucimus0 Posts: 0Member
    Where do you get the references?

Awesome detail. Loving it.
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    That cardboard droideka is quite impressive - is that a 3d replica or a 2d picture propped up?
    B.J. wrote: »
    Hey, I've built one of those before, although in a slightly different medium:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/general-discussion/23345-star-wars-day-library.html
    :D

That thing is a suprisingly complex mechanism, even for Star Wars! Nice work so far.

It is quite actually. I think I've figured out how it's supposed to fold. Haven't boned the model yet (since it's not done), so I don't know how well it will work. But I've set aside enough space to allow it fold.

My references are mainly screenshots from ep1 and ep2 (arena fight) and from the Visual Dictionary for Ep1.

Anyways, re-did the head:

37.jpg
    38.jpg
    39.jpg
    40.jpg
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    That's a lot of faces just for the head!
    That cardboard droideka is quite impressive - is that a 3d replica or a 2d picture propped up?
    It's 3D alright. Took me about 6 hours to put the whole thing together!
  • JedilawJedilaw0 Posts: 0Member
    Since you are resurrecting old projects, will we be seeing more work on the Federation Battleship and the Death Star? (Fingers crossed)
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    Jedilaw wrote: »
    Since you are resurrecting old projects, will we be seeing more work on the Federation Battleship and the Death Star? (Fingers crossed)

yeah ... Death Star ... yeah! :devil:

lol

Chris :)
    Nice work

I always did like the droideka's
    They're just cool :)
    Outstanding work, I wish i could get that level of detail, any advice would be cool.
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    advice: give up anything resembling a life

fractalsponge: incredible as always
    leg re-done:

41.jpg
  • OzylotOzylot332 Posts: 0Member
    Dude! :eek!:

I wanna see this all together, stop teasin! :D
    Damn :eek:

Very nice, I think your doing a better job than ILM did ;)
    Pyrocitor wrote: »
    Damn :eek:

Very nice, I think your doing a better job than ILM did ;)

He has a nasty habit of doing that.:D

Just look at his take on Vader's TIE Advanced Prototype.
    Ozylot wrote: »
    Dude!

I wanna see this all together, stop teasin!

Good things come to those who wait :)

Besides, my webhost is down right now...

The back end of the droideka didn't need too much work - I'll post an update of that when my website is back up...
    TialFiden wrote: »
    Outstanding work, I wish i could get that level of detail, any advice would be cool.

Pick something you really want to do, and start experimenting with how you would make those pieces. Once you get an idea of how to make an effective piece of greeble, it's just application of the same principles really. Just be comfortable with the modeling tools you have.

Painting/texturing/rigging - all of which I suck at - well, there are better people to ask about that here.
    Jedilaw wrote: »

The fed battleship was IRML's - maybe if we bug him together he'll finish it.

I didn't do anything with the Death Star, what are you talking about? (I'm sticking by that, dangit :P).
  • Northern_MindNorthern_Mind173 Posts: 0Member
    ey fractalsponge ,great work on everything here in the thread. "not" that i need it but any chance you'd be interesting in making a tutorial :D
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    How goes it binkerman? Is that beautiful AT-AT of yours done? :P

Good thanks mate, ... The AT-AT is just on hold atm ... doing some non-SW Characters atm which is a nice change in prep for when it comes to Veers & Snowtroopers, ... Though the problem with leaving a model for too long is you end up re-doing stuff because you've improved ... there's a couple of things I need to do with the head before I can do the cockpit, ... though Ive already got that roughed out, ....

Jas
    ^:doh:

Anyways, my site is back up:

I re-did the lower part of the leg. And the spine of the droid (not much to do there except bevel a few things and clean up).

42.jpg
    42w.jpg
    43.jpg
    44.jpg
    45.jpg
    46.jpg
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    very cool!

Chris :)
    Very clean, elegant modeling work, Ansel. Quite lovely.
  • stonkystonky350 Posts: 489Member
    Agreed, great work.
    Beautiful detail man :thumb:

I love those wireframes too
    arm:
    47.jpg
    48.jpg
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice and smooth detail, keep up the good work. :thumb:
  • SamuraiSamurai185 Posts: 408Member
    Cool stuff Ansel.

Whatever happened to that "hybrid" ship you were working on?
    "Perfect. Then that's the way it shall be."
  • Dr. JonesDr. Jones0 Posts: 0Member
    It looks good, don't get me wrong, but it seems to me that the polygon density is not even. Some parts have way more divisions than needed, while some others could use more.

Edit: in fact, no, there is no under-divided part, but some are really waaaay too divided
  • DarthMayaDarthMaya0 Posts: 0Member
    We REALLY need a video tutorial fractal! :D