Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Pre-emptive Stike

FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
picfinal.jpg
The Enterprise attacks a Klingon ship before it can fire on her.
Tagged:

• ghallghall0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm not sure if your image has too much, or some elements (such as the Klingon cruiser) are just unclear. Otherwise it's very good. The lighting seems appropriate for a giant ion storm.
  • EricJ56EricJ560 Posts: 0Member
    No the storm hides the upper left. At first I couldn't tell what it was until I read your post. If maybe you overlay the Enterprise and Klingon (that is the subject matter yes?) over the storm, rather than under it, it'd be easier to pick out.
  • EricJ56EricJ560 Posts: 0Member
    Plus the lighting is good...
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    Very nice, though the Klingon ship is very obscured. Good job.

If you added a few stars in some key locations, (for one behind the Klingon ship) like "breaks" in the storm, it would probably show them (the ships) up more. Maybe you can have bolt hitting one of the ships. (comment added 08/12/07)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
    It's a really :cool: image Freak.
    It's a great visual. Love the lighting.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The are two energy Ribbons, one in front of the camera and another behind the Ent, this is why it hard to see the Klingon ship and the stars. Thanks for all your comments.
    A good try, but on the messy and scattered side. There lacks a strong focus for the eye. Unfortunately, the purple colour palette dull the overall image, due more to the purple/black contrast more than anything else. A brighter hue and maybe a different lighting scheme could improve things drastically!
  • GuitarECGuitarEC333 Posts: 44Member
    Good work overall, but the credits are not correct.

I believe you are using Eric Peterson's Refit Enterprise mesh (not Dennis Bailey's) - converted to Blender format by Rashid Al-Marri - with revisions by Eric M. Clark (per the source's website).

Not trying to come across as a nit-picker, but we should make sure we give proper credit to those who deserve it.

Eric "GuitarEC" Clark (yea, THAT Eric Clark) ;)
  • ClayClay0 Posts: 17Member
    [COLOR="Cyan"]In the future please report credit discrepancies to the gallery administrators: Myself, Spry, or Dac[/COLOR]