Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

External TutorialMy Rhino video tutorial

Silverblade-T-ESilverblade-T-E0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2009 in Tutorials #1
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/movies/rhino1_tut.wmv

55 megs, Windows media format.
It's unscripted, amateurish and well, my first try at such things, so it's far from perfect :D
And I realize a Glaswegian accent is probably gonna be rough on some folk's understanding of English :lol:

basic tips on using Rhino for modelling based off my experiences with making Spelljammer ships and other things.

Made 1 blooper: when I created the "panels" in the ship's railing, between the supports and the top rail, I actually offset a curve inwards from each of the two initial curves used to build the top rail, and then used Solid ---> Extrude Planar Curve--Straight, to make a slightly narrower version of top rail. Then booleaned that with each of the supports in turn, to slice it into panels (or slabs to be more exact, panels for my Spelljammers are actually part of the railings with thickness, not like a normal sci-fi definition of "panel").

:)
Post edited by Silverblade-T-E on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    taking a look ill let you know.

Good tips on the windows, the glass modeling, how ever do to the loose cannon feel its quite
    hard to follow, but alround a decent vid. and yeah, thats one wierd accent, but heck iam from
    holland, dont feel bad for a second :P.

Good luck on any follow ups you make, try to pic a topic and stay on it, like meshing 1 ON 1.
  • gmd3dgmd3d250 DublinPosts: 132Member
    http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/movies/rhino1_tut.wmv

55 megs, Windows media format.
    It's unscripted, amateurish and well, my first try at such things, so it's far from perfect :D
    And I realize a Glaswegian accent is probably gonna be rough on some folk's understanding of English :lol:

basic tips on using Rhino for modelling based off my experiences with making Spelljammer ships and other things.

Made 1 blooper: when I created the "panels" in the ship's railing, between the supports and the top rail, I actually offset a curve inwards from each of the two initial curves used to build the top rail, and then used Solid ---> Extrude Planar Curve--Straight, to make a slightly narrower version of top rail. Then booleaned that with each of the supports in turn, to slice it into panels (or slabs to be more exact, panels for my Spelljammers are actually part of the railings with thickness, not like a normal sci-fi definition of "panel").

:)
    This was an interesting tut . I not a Rhino user but a friend is .. interestedly in how its can be used..
    “You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.”
  • Silverblade-T-ESilverblade-T-E0 Posts: 0Member
    Glad some folk found it useful then :)
  • stephan_skastephan_ska171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey
    Great tutorial!
    It would surprise me if I`m one day in the position to re-do all that what is shown there! :rolleyes:
    Still thank you for it! :thumb:

Stephan
    Stephan,
    *bows* my pleasure mate :)
    Well Moment of Inspiration is a free modeller thats almost exactly like RHino (uses RHino file format)
    Ricky33,
    glad folk find it helpful :)
    any time!
  • raptorflyerraptorflyer331 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the tutorial! Magic :-)
    No prob :) wish they'd make T-Splines built into Rhino for it's next release, as that'd help orgnaic modelling a bit ;)