Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Local Tutorial[TUTORIAL] Creating a place of mind

ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2007 in Tutorials #1
I just recently have been ask to become a member of staff again. Maybe some of you remember that I was member of staff from when SciFi-Meshes was founded but retired about a year ago as my life was quite busy. So now I'm back and this time I'm not a Moderator but a Sensei.

And as Senseis are supposed to share their 3d knowledge with the community here is a quite extensive tutorial I wrote (12 pages, over 5.700 words). OK, I didn't write it because I became Sensei here but because a quite well known italian Cinema4d webpage asked me to (they are also publishing a printed magazine and that was another treat).

The tutorial deals with the whole project of creating a 3d environment like the one in my Place of Mind image.

tutorial_head.jpg
click this image for the tutorial - PDF format - 6 Mb (high resolution images in the pdf, zoom to 600% to view images)

I hope you enjoy this beast.
Post edited by Zabiegly on

• farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow...

Usually i don't follow tutorials made for other apps, but this looks fantastic!

Nice work Zabiegly :thumb: Ill post my thoughts once i have read it through.
  • ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks - I'd like to mention that it's not application specific. The thoughts and concepts apply to pretty much every application.
  • SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    I thought that image looked familiar - Blender is big in Spain and Italy and I end up hitting a lot of Spanish / Italian web-pages that are non-Blender oriented just as a matter of course - I didn't realise that it was your tutorial.

Really nice to see it here on SFM.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    this is really going to help me. I'm just learning Lightwave so I can use this, thanks.
  • The ObserverThe Observer0 Posts: 0Member
    This tutorial will be a great help for a little project I'm working on, especially the texturing part :) Thanks a lot for posting it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    ^^What are you doing here? I thought you didn't do this stuff...(if you're not who I think you are please ignore this post)
  • ZabieglyZabiegly176 Posts: 0Member
    The B5 Fan wrote: »
    ^^What are you doing here? I thought you didn't do this stuff...(if you're not who I think you are please ignore this post)

Me or Observer?

As I'm concerned I can tell you that I do this kind of stuff :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Zabiegly wrote: »
    Me or Observer?

As I'm concerned I can tell you that I do this kind of stuff :D
    The Observer.
  • Captain CardCaptain Card0 Posts: 0Member
    B5 I dont think the SBian TO is here
    Thd signing off
  • ravellsravells0 Posts: 0Member
    Brilliant tutorial - I learn't a lot from this. Thank you so much for sharing it, Zabeigly. Finding tutorials for environment scenes is hard - most of them tend to be on character modelling.

Ravs
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member
    Hum this looks NEAT!!!
    Thanks Duder :p