Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLeviathan Class Carrier for Main SGC Thread

• elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    well another update before i head off to bed, think im about done greebling this one section, just a few touch ups to go, what do you guys think? More and just layer it on in insane quantity?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I cant say anything else besides that it rocks! goog job! in the second to last render though you seem to have some double faces
    Dallidas wrote: »
    I cant say anything else besides that it rocks! goog job! in the second to last render though you seem to have some double faces

thanks for the comment, yea its not double faces, its the distance from the camera, thats causing the odd tracing....those missle sylos alone are 90k polys because of the number of them....

because of this problem, im going to redisgn the sylos into strips with doors instead of individual doors...

in hope for lower poly count, better looks, and well better raytracing during rendering...

as well i have finished that section, and moved on to the next section, post a new pic later tonight.....hope people dont mind daily updates or pictures or anything like that....hell ill do more renders of specific shots if people want them...

oh and on a side not, got a really great idea for a quad engine drive setup to replace the current two, and it even fits in the same space, hehe its all on paper right now but when i get to that part it will probably my favorite part besides the insides of the Mulitple Hangar Bays, BattleCruiser Bay, and various CargoBays, Support Ship Bays....
    Well here is another update showing the two side cargo/hangar doors entry ways...i say this because they can also lead to the main hangar bay of the deadalus part, and a fighter can fly in threw here and out the main deadalus bay door without touching the floor...

but this is not what its for, its for support ships, cargo, personal, shuttles, repair, etc etc...things like that

during normal operations, this will be the most busyiest part of the entire carrier in terms of traffic, especially with traffic between the other ships in the carrier group....as such it has its own command section flight controll tower observation decks, everything that is needed for a full busy port...

it also has battle enstallments to ensure the safety of the port in case such a enemy craft has any bright ideas, since this has access to every front hangar in the ship, including the lower hangars where the fighters are held...

these battle enstalments also act as escape pods with full shield and weapons capablities that can carry 100+ people in emergencys, and are shield for atmospheric flight as well....this will also be modeled during this phase of modeliing, hope to get it very detailed as well :D...

well enough rambling hehe, enjoy the big big render....c&c always welcome especially about the full vehicled escape pods i want the ship to have
  • yay turrets!
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    This is one damned gigantic ship...
    Bar.
    Bar wrote: »
    This is one damned gigantic ship...
    Bar.

yea i know, i was expecting about 2k long maybe maybe at most 3k meters long, but the damn thing was over 5k meters long!!!!

still crazy imo hehe....this has turned out to be quite the city in space, and in reality i hope this really is...

This can be a movable city that bridges atlantis and earth together...maybe doing long patrolls between planets making its rounds of protected earth planets....

maybe take a few of the excaliber ships i see in these forums maybe 3? And how about a few deadalus and Cerebus Models to boot maybe 3 each....and a few of those support ships that followed the excaliber class....a nice 12 ship carrier group....

with that kind of ship and fighter power, who in the hell would want to mess with us during a scuttle fight?

hell with this much power, considering the gauld have hundreds and thousands of ships scattered around...how about we get a few of these carrier groups to defend protected planets and have them almost in charge of running the ship, save a few computer system securities etc etc...

at 2.5yrs a piece or use beaming technology to construct a ship in space, say what a 1.5 a piece....mmmm the power behind such a carrier group
    well time for yet another wip update...this is showing the escape pod/hangar entry turret stations...

not quite sure how detailed this part will be besides the outside that you can see in the hull...but who knows, its got a few windows, still trying to find a turret/missle setup that fits with type of design and serves its primary funtion of hangar door defense part...
  • efritschefritsch0 Posts: 0Member
    Holy details batman! That is some serious greebling! Good work!
    well i think im finished with the turret and the entire, turret/escape pod assembly....i started detailing tons and what not, and realized except for flyby's into the bay, these details will never be seen except in artist shots etc....so once the poly count went to about 30k for this assembly i decided to say its done lol...cause in all reality i could do a 200k poly version or more of just this thing....hmmm maybe when im done ill do a individual high poly version of certain parts like this....

hell most of those details will never be seen except in escape pod jetison, but its nice to know they are there right? enjoy c&c always enjoyed by me
    well small update, noticed a few panels out of place in this render, but thought i post it anyways...

showing the actual hangar bay doors and entry way, with the new defense points in place and of corse some widgets to go with it...

next the hangar controll tower and a few more greebles...i think with this ill do abit more paneling, and then ill do abit of the inner part of this upper hangar....officially known and the civilian hangar now. This upper hangar is also very long and will be in two parts the civilian in back and the service hangar in the front of the section...below the battle hangar, and below the fighter hangar(s)

oh yes and just thought the people here would like to know, the o'niel class warship is on the drawing board with more guns than you could shake a stick at :D :devil:
    well its update time...very unsatisfied with paneling on controll tower...almost done with the greebling, gotta fill in just abit more space and then ill be moving onto the service hangars entry ways

and just for fun a full render(two different render settings) to show the size of the ship, and the size of the area im working on in relation to the rest of the ship (:lol: barely even see the hangars more or less the greebles :devil: :flippy: :lol: )

For anyone interested...she is sitting at 328,469 Verticies, 264,866 Faces (most quads and not triangles about 90% worth)
    It seems to be a similar size to the O'Niell class Asgard vessels.
    If i'm being honest, i'd say it needs something at the front to make it more..... Human....
    Daedalus and Prometheus have a certain look to them, and maybe you could give a similar look to this one?
    I realise it is a totally different starship, but at the moment, other than the Earth symbol on the rear, very little about this is saying Earth to me.
    It's just a personal opinion.
    Bar.
    Bar wrote: »
    It seems to be a similar size to the O'Niell class Asgard vessels.
    If i'm being honest, i'd say it needs something at the front to make it more..... Human....
    Daedalus and Prometheus have a certain look to them, and maybe you could give a similar look to this one?
    I realise it is a totally different starship, but at the moment, other than the Earth symbol on the rear, very little about this is saying Earth to me.
    It's just a personal opinion.
    Bar.

hmmm dont know what i could put up front, on the bow there is two big holes for the fighter hangar each split in two for a four hangar setup system...and the top being a flat deck for deadalus to land on...so anything in the actual front and the ship will kinda loose the ability to be a carrier...

i could probably redo a little bit of the front of the bridge to incorporate a deadalus like front end with that round square bubble thing....kinda been thinking of that before that pic...and putting the bridge at the tip of it instead of the square type of bridge i have going on right now at the very top of the section...

also on the sides of the ship towards the front i was going to put bigger deadalus type "pylons/wings" for a weapons platform...is that what you are kinda talking about

what ya think?

also how large was the oniel warship for the asgard?...on the previous page the dimensions for this ship are posted...
    I don't have exact figures, but at the end of the episode "prometheus", an O'Niell class cruiser came out of hyperspace, and it looked to be over 3km long. Perhaps even more. It's been a while since i watched that episode...
    Bar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    you mean this one?
    Well Big Design desiding time...so need your help...

after looking over my ship and still set on the hole carrier hull borrowed from a actual carrier at see idea, my ship as Bar pointed out, was just missing something to feel earthy, although im trying to keep all of my greeble work, luckily it was on none of the parts i changed or can change within a few hours time...cause well lets just face it once ya greeble some 100k polys worth you just dont want to regreeble the same section if ya cant...

And as i was modeling away i have felt this as well...so in a bid to make it more earthy while still retaining the basic hull shape, i felt that the engine pods is what was throwing me off base and way off base at that...felt to much like a dart hyve type of ship to me...although i still wanted a atlantis feel to it...

but here is my idea or plans for a revised engine pods and weapons platforms for the front of the ship...i was also thinking about changing the back fins in favor of a deadalus type of flat deck, even though i like my asgard like fins, or maybe make them full fins that extend from the top to the bottom of the ship? hmmm

tell me what you guys think of the new basic engine housings and weapons platform....need everybody's input from i like it to i hate it, to add this or that...Personally i like the way the new engine pods and weapon platforms look on the ship especially the foward wing like engine pod configuration...makes it feel mean like its attacking forward instead of sweaping back....but i need EVERYONES input....thanx for everybodys kind words so far...

Edit: had to add the picture :rolleyes:
    That's a good addition!
    I like that.
    Any chance of a set of ortho views?
    I don't know if you saw it, but i made a small styrene model of the Daedalus, and i'd like to have a crack at this one.
    Bar.
    wow its been like 7plus months since i did work to this HUGE vessel...

the reason? pc meltdown, left me hanging untill today, bought me a brand new amd x2 5200+ and gigs of ram with a terrabyte of storage to boot...so i should be doing just fine for a year or two to come...

its quite the upgrade from my amd 2500 single core k7, so render times should be like half lol...

any how, im back the ship will be back, and new updates in a day or two will surface...probably on the pylon sections up front...need a break from all the detailing work on the side hangars and escape pods etc...

plus it will let me put some nice big guns up front hehe...

my plan is to have a interior of the hangar in a month, hopefully, detailing a huge hole is going to be tricky, maybe a ton of bays that are duplicated for the sake of my mouse hand...at any rate it will need over 250 fighter hangers and repair decks, all in one big open hanger section...

well looks like ill end with all the talk and get to modeling, updates soon...

the leviathan is back
    Good news. I look forward to updates.
    Bar.
  • Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    Now your talking!:lol:

I look forward to seeing far more of this interesting design!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  • mousemouse0 Posts: 0Member
    Omg Awesome :eek: and you did this i project with blender :o i wish i was so good :D i cant say this enough ''ITS AWESOME''
    mouse wrote: »
    Omg Awesome :eek: and you did this i project with blender :o i wish i was so good :D i cant say this enough ''ITS AWESOME''

hell yea, blender is awesome imo, its alot more powerfull than people ever expect, you should see the zeus mechwarrior i did in blender, very neat stuff...

i also find that blender imo, creates cleaner meshes at times, not all the time but most of the time, there is so many ways to make the same cut/curve etc you just gotta find what works best and over time, trust me you will...

as for the others...i started on a very large front railgun array, and currently designing the railguns, almost in a starwars style but with a trek feel, unique i think, maybe its been done before but oh well....this gun will fit on the front wings of the carrier, with smaller type flack guns and point defenses to gaurd any unwanted access. send a pic later at tonight after i get off work.
  • Free-LanceFree-Lance0 Posts: 0Member
    15805-leviathan-class-carrier-main-sgc-thread-8.html
    Dude i love this ship keep up the good work!:cool:

My I suggest a placing docking points at the end of the aft wing set up to dock 2 Daedalus classes hips!
    make look almost like missiles!:p
    Free-Lance wrote: »
    15805-leviathan-class-carrier-main-sgc-thread-8.html
    Dude i love this ship keep up the good work!:cool:

My I suggest a placing docking points at the end of the aft wing set up to dock 2 Daedalus classes hips!
    make look almost like missiles!:p

hehe well it can transport 4 daedalus ships in a line along with 250+ fighter craft and bomber craft as of right now, can while working on two of them inside a closed hanger bay...the aft wings are basically just huge engines to get this baby to move...but i have thought about that, and actually have a place for it at the rear if i choose to do something like that, but now the hard point, is going to be, where do i stuff the crew quarters...this thing is going to need at least 500+ to operate, i mean the fighters alone make it 250, and if i incorpate my vision of a SGC fighter/bomber that needs 2 to operate that figure can jump to 300+ easily, and thats just for fighters, not including any other staff to make this thing run...

Well this is a very crude setup or idea, no polishing here pure idea stage for me, for the railgun(s) up front...its all by its lonesome because my Carrier is not yet transfered to this new PC. And its only about 2hrs worth of concept and design, so it will probably change tons, or shall i say will change tons, but the overall barrel idea and dual stage rear movement pylon idea will stay the same, just not entirely look the same...

as for the sgc bomber i mentioned, it will look like a spaceworthy sgc branded interpetation of a b-2 stealth bomber...
  • that is a very nice railgun! it does however look very unbalanced
    It would be in zero G on the exterior of the ship, and the inertial dampeners would cancel out any G-effects during tight turns.
    And with the new Asgard tech from Unending, would it not be a particle cannon?
    Bar.
  • I meant from a design perspective bar, not an actual physics perspective
    No problemo.
    Bar.
    actually from a physical and design perspective, with asgard technology the gauss rifle (also known as railgun) would be more damaging at long ranges due to the fact that as the slug or projectile enters long range and looses its spin due to its own small gravitation field produced by the magnetics involved (same thing that happens in a PPC, particle projectile cannon), the slug stays intact and hits the target as one solid piece where as the ppc, since its just a charged collection of ions with no start shape will tend to basically get looser and looser as it enters long range and looses its spin properties that keeps it so tight and bound together so that when it hits the target at a longer range it actually has a mush property compared to the equivalent solid slug...

actually with asgard technology, the gaussrifle, would be in its first stage a mini ppc, for the magnetics would be charging the slug and area around it, while the rifle spins the slug inside its barrel, creating a small particle field around the slug to get it moving and down the barrel, current modern day railguns/gaussrifles, have a melting point where the slug gets melted to the barrel because of friction, so a miniture ppc field around the slug will be the only answer to stop this from happening, something modern science cant do in such a high impact high velocity form for a weapon...

as of right now it is very unbalanced though in terms of a design stand point, its probably going to have another beem section under it to balance out the design and help with movement, and the back rollers will probably much larger in width