Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

• hoktarhoktar0 Posts: 1Member
    Awsome!
    Would you explain something about the shader and the lighting?
    I am trying to create such a shader for years but never came even close to this. This is incredible!
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    great work Vilandra ;) .
  • AnalyzerAnalyzer0 Posts: 0Member
    Yup.. great stuff.. i see LOTS of hours spent to bild city like this one!?
  • BarrothBarroth0 Posts: 0Member
    hi, nice ocean and a good city, are there updates?
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    No updates as of right now. I have several projects im working on right now, but dont worry, ill be back to this soon because I finally shot some green screen footage to go with my atlantis scene.
  • Puddle_JumperPuddle_Jumper171 Posts: 0Member
    you are going all the way with it, with is cool will make good for close ups and videos, should try and put some people on her 2
    I finally got around to setting up Cinema 4D on my XP64 drive. Now I can use the 64 bit version to take advantage of the extra RAM I have... (seeing as how XP32 bit only see's up to 2 gigs of RAM)

Here is the latest update. I couldnt render the entire scene in XP32. It was giving "out of memory" errors, but now its rendering faster than before.

I still need to make an animation with this, so be patient those of you who want to see one. I will eventually do it. :D
    63439.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    damn thats great lookin vilandra. i wish i could play around with it!

where did you get a 64 bit version of xp? And would i need to upgrade my MoBo to use it?
    In order to use a 64bit OS (like XP64 or Vista64) you will need a processor that supports 64bits. Most of the new dual and quad cores support it.
    Dallidas wrote: »
    damn thats great lookin vilandra. i wish i could play around with it!

where did you get a 64 bit version of xp? And would i need to upgrade my MoBo to use it?

bought it from either Microsoft or a place like newegg.com oh you are better off with Vista home premium or better in 64bit manages memory 10x better
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice render.
    Heres the latest update. My cousin and I shot some green screen footage a few days ago, so I used After Effects to pull the key, then placed him on the balcony. It still needs more color correction, etc, but you should get the idea.

Ive got more footage of me and him talking, so ill probably use that when I make the animation. Should be nice once it all comes together.
    63489.jpg
  • This is going to be an amazing animation once you have all the components put together. Can't wait!
  • BridgerBridger341 Posts: 22Member
    One of the models i would kill to get :)
    Amazing!
    Is that VRay and C4D now?

I would say it's not the color correction that should be tweaked but the light. The city's light does not match the greenscreen footage.

This is going to be awsome :)
    @hoktar, yes, its the VRay bridge for Cinema 4D, however I only have the 32-bit version, and using it with the full model will not render completely because I run out of memory. It looks like I may have to look into upgrading to the new version that is 64-bit compatible so I can use it in XP64.

Here is the latest. Poly count will soon hit 2.9 million. Im just adding more detail at this point. :D It only took 55 seconds to render this HD image, so im sure an animation at a lower quality is doable. :thumb:
    63617.jpg
    i swear this one looks better than the real studio model
    Great! Looks huuuge!
  • BridgerBridger341 Posts: 22Member
    this gets better and better
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    i swear this one looks better than the real studio model

Yes! I think that the lower buildings and some other Stuff arenA’t so detailt at the studio model. Your City is just great! Amazing details! IA’am realy looking forward for an animation! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Really lookin good there mate! My only complaint is lack of AA
  • kretonykretony0 Posts: 0Member
    Is this thread still alive? It's been months since this thread got updated. Did Vilandra stop working on his Atlantis?
    My Atlantis has been temporarily put on hold. I was hired by a local studio and now I have little time to work on my own projects.

However..... I recently made a quick 5 second animation of my Atlantis.

You can check it out here on my youtube page. Its in HD. (along with other VFX and 3D stuff ive done)

My biggest concern right now is creating the ocean. Once I can find a way of doing it, and can find some free time, ill get back to this project.
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    I hate teasers like that butawesome job on it! You'll have to show us a full animation of thecity...you putso much workon itthatyoucan't just leave it tothat lol. Well we'll bewaiting fo more bud!
    Heres the latest HD animation. Its hosted on youtube. I tried to upload the file here, but it wouldnt let me.

This 10 second animation took 20 hours to render on my machine.

1 infinite light with area shadows, and GI sky sampler.

Sorry, but theres no ocean or sky. Those will come later.

YouTube - Atlantis HD Animation 8/10/09

More to come later.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    niiice! 8 cores AND 20 hours to render? Bravo!!! :thumb:
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    Vilandra wrote: »
    Heres the latest HD animation. Its hosted on youtube. I tried to upload the file here, but it wouldnt let me.

This 10 second animation took 20 hours to render on my machine.

1 infinite light with area shadows, and GI sky sampler.

Sorry, but theres no ocean or sky. Those will come later.

YouTube - Atlantis HD Animation 8/10/09

More to come later.

Really nice animation and lighting.
    I think 20 hours is too excessive time to render. Are you sure you coldn't modify some option?
    About hte ocean and the sky, is there a way to add them in postwork, maybe with after effects?
    niiice! 8 cores AND 20 hours to render? Bravo!!! :thumb:

Thanks. A more in depth description.....8 cores, 4.0Ghz, Windows 7 64bit.

Davide_sd wrote:
    Really nice animation and lighting.
    I think 20 hours is too excessive time to render. Are you sure you couldn't modify some option?
    About the ocean and the sky, is there a way to add them in postwork, maybe with after effects?

Yeah, 20 hours is a bit much, but I had global illumination turned on using Cinema 4D's "sky sampler". That is probably one reason why.

The sky can be easily done in C4D. I have a few panoramic 360A° images that ill use. The ocean is going to be the hardest part. The main problem is creating a realistic material, with a properly blended horizon with slight haze.

I'll be experimenting with it some more when I get some time.
  • kretonykretony0 Posts: 0Member
    The videos are amazing!!!! Keep up the good work don't let ur Ultimate creation fade away!!!
    Dont worry, it wont fade away. :D

I worked on it the other day. I just havent made any big progress with it to post a update.

Ive been playing around with some ideas for ice and snow (Antarctica scene) instead of the usual ocean.