Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

• Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    superb work, one of the best atlantis ever.
  • *crys* everyones doing better atlantis models than me :(

Nice work indeed :D
  • utrautra0 Posts: 0Member
    amazing model and some very detail textures, im impressed. good job.
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Im thinking about switching over to VRayforC4D as the rendering engine. I think it will provide the best, and most realistic results..... unless someone has an idea on how to light this.
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Great level of detail :)

My laptop would probably have a fit trying to handle this lol.
  • hoktarhoktar0 Posts: 1Member
    this is so amazing!
    what do you use to render and what program?
    I use Cinema 4D, but I also have VRayforC4D which is the VRay rendering engine for Cinema 4D.

My machine is an 8-core Boxx workstation running at 4.0Ghz.
    Here is some progress. Still trying to get the textures right. 400,594 polys for this pier.
    60164.jpg60165.jpg
  • This model is VERY well lit, I love it :)
    great work vilandra.
    are you going to realize the small buildings with a great level of details, so you can take breathtaking shots?
    @Davide_sd... Im going to try. :D

Here is an update. Im starting to put the sections together now. 2.7 million polys total. My machine is wanting to slow down, but it keeps up pretty well.

I think when it comes time to render this with VRayforC4D, I may have to switch over to XP 64bit. Im getting "out of memory" messages, and occasional crashes when trying to render.
    60227.jpg
  • davidnevuedavidnevue0 Posts: 0Member
    ahhh this is C4D? If you need someone to do a max conversion let me know. I'd be more than happy.
    great render!

how many objects are currently in the scene?
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Just make sure you model that beer fridge on the gateroom balcony...:D
  • Well done Vilandra, can't wait to see more :D
  • limeylimey0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks awesome! The level of detail on this is mind blowing!
    One thing jumps out at me though. As you can see from this picture, there are 2 bridge missing between the piers. Other than that, this is damn near perfect!
  • 0.o looks awesome. but i'm having trouble getting official pictures of atlantis. this might be the 3rd version that is diff from each other that "are official." anywayz ye. ur missing the bridge between the piers.
    limey wrote: »
    That looks awesome! The level of detail on this is mind blowing!
    One thing jumps out at me though. As you can see from this picture, there are 2 bridge missing between the piers. Other than that, this is damn near perfect!

At the time, I had not started those sections yet. Here is a new shot showing progress with those areas.
    60439.jpg
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Looking just too beautiful!
    I thought the last one was fine but you are turning it up a notch (okay several) with this work!
  • Well done :D
  • SGA MaddinSGA Maddin331 Posts: 0Member
    The details are just great. The textures are looking very realistic. The light (at the windows) is very nice.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wow, that's just wonderful......
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    Oh this is so good! i love the level of details and all the lighting. I think i saw the center tower under extension am i wrong. anyway it looks a thousand times better now with all the additions.
    Ive been taking a break from this project, and now im back. I needed to start working on the environment (ocean), so here is what ill be working with. Im going to change a few things, and use another sky image, but you should get the idea.

I suppose I could make a small animation if anyone wants to see the waves in action.
    62664.jpg
  • dang! That looks nice! I'd love to see an animation
    we want to see the animation ;)
    great waves!
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah I want to see it too :D They look very realistic so far !
    Heres a quick animation. Its not final.

Video is Divx
  • PhaserPhaser0 Posts: 0Member
    That is incredible! So many questions: What program did you use (I'm sure you've mentioned it somewhere, but I don't care to look through 21 pages to find out)? Did you use a tutorial to make that? If so, could you point us to it? Regardless, you've got amazing skills! Very nice job.
    The ocean was done with a plugin called Add-The-Sea for Cinema 4D. Its good for creating waves, oceans, etc. Cinema 4D is lacking when it comes to simulating realistic oceans.

Im new to this plugin, so im still trying to figure out all of its features.