Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

• VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    1. Its not finished yet.
    2. Its 2.4 million polys
    3. Im taking it back in for another over-haul (mostly new textures)
    4. If I release it, then everyone will want it, and theres always someone that will claim it as their own.
    5. I have put way too many hours into it to release it for free.
    6. Everyone has been making a lot of Stargate wallpapers, so once im finished with it, it will be my turn to produce countless wallpapers. :D
    Heres the latest render. This is to test the new environment ive been messing around with.
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    It's looking beautiful, dude.
    Is there any chance we could get ortho views of the city?(Looking straight down on the top, a couple of side views and looking straight up at the bottom?)
    I would love to make a 3d(Plastic) model of the city, and those views would really help me out.
    Bar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    the city is looking great! that water could use some work though
    The orthos will have to come later. Ive got way too much stuff going on right now.

Dallidas, yeah, creating realistic (believable) water in Cinema 4D isnt easy. Ive got a few tricks im going to try, but that last image was just to show the haze/atmosphere ive been working on.
  • mister moumoumister moumou0 Posts: 0Member
    These pictures represent my atlantis city's.
    wow, these are just amazing, and must have taken forever
    I SO want to make a model of Atlantis.
    It would only be 1.2 metres across at 1/2500, to go with my Daedalus and Prometheus...
    It's finding orthos that's the problem...
    Bar.
    I would love to make or buy one if I had anywhere near the resources, but I know I would either do it badly or just stop working.

I would also love to buy your one if you ever made it bar, along with the rest of the fleet if course
    NIKIN wrote: »
    I would love to make or buy one if I had anywhere near the resources, but I know I would either do it badly or just stop working.

I would also love to buy your one if you ever made it bar, along with the rest of the fleet if course

I will network at WF next week, and see if anyone wants to make the Ares.
    In the meantime, a 1.2 metre Atlantis would merely be a scratchbuild, never a kit. It would be about $200 worth of resin alone...
    Bar.
    I don't know how many people actually have room for a 1.2 metre model, it would be pretty tall too.

But the ares I am much more likely to get on my budget
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    nice mesh. I can almost see Rodney and Shepard now.:D
    Bar wrote: »
    I SO want to make a model of Atlantis.
    It would only be 1.2 metres across at 1/2500, to go with my Daedalus and Prometheus...
    It's finding orthos that's the problem...
    Bar.

you could always ask SGA:thumb:
    You make a convincing arguement!
    :D
    Ive decided to go back and retexture my atlantis model. Ive come across some new high res textures, so ill be using them to replace the older low res stuff. Im also going back and adding more detail to certain areas. I havent made any animations of the city in a long time, so here is a quick test I did earlier today. Nothing special, just a night time test... like in the 2nd part of the pilot episode "Rising".

Video is 320x240 divx More to come later.
  • svobomilsvobomil0 Posts: 0Member
    That looks gooood!
    Ok, these will probably be the last WIP imags I post of this model. Its just about finished, so hopefully soon ill be making some wallpaper.

2.3 million poly's! Over 100 hours.
    Im looking forward to this.
    whats going on in the second pic?
    Atlantis expedition party.
  • Cale0Cale00 Posts: 0Member
    wow man amazing work best i have seen
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice!
    guys dont necro
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    masterwong dont necro a necro pm them next time
    sorry i didnt think of the spam factor when i said that
    Its been a long time since ive done any Atlantis work, so ive decided to revive this thread and continue with my Atlantis model seeing as how ive got a new workstation on the way which should help with the rendering.

I dont plan on starting over, but rather reuse my old model and continue with it. This one will include the lower inner pier levels. (stardrive area) Once the new system gets here, ill start using VRayforC4D for rendering.

More to come later.
    58649.jpg
    Very nice.
    I certainly look forward to seeing your new progress!
    Bar.
  • Davide_sdDavide_sd4 Posts: 0Member
    very nice. I've never noticed all the different compared the old and new model of Atlantis. This thread it'll be very interesting. keep up the good work! :thumb:
    Update. Its funny how after a year or so of not working with this model, I can go back and see a lot of mistakes and errors that I didnt know were there before. :lol:
    58722.jpg
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow! Looking great :)

I love the texture work going on.