Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAtlantis

• great pics ceberus! as for the grass...well i dont tihnk it is. if you look at it from the other angle, its more gray/brown than green, so i dont think its grass.....unless there groundskeepers are just lazy lol
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Did anyone else catch the major visual goofs? Like how in one shot it shows the central tower being diamond shaped, then in another its a hexagon like Atlantis. And how the piers have large sections cut out when viewed from above, but then they're filled in for the engine shots. Just my 2 cents. And where's your grass. Cerberus?
  • CerberusCerberus0 Posts: 0Member
    My grass is the green stuff on the the peirs. THere are some browner sections like paths or somthing. And I am so glad its not just me that doesn't understand the actual shape of atlantis. Especially when you look at the schematics on the show and compare them to the show model... there's like 3 different versions of atlantis.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    My grass is the green stuff on the the peirs. THere are some browner sections like paths or somthing. And I am so glad its not just me that doesn't understand the actual shape of atlantis. Especially when you look at the schematics on the show and compare them to the show model... there's like 3 different versions of atlantis.

well there are atleast 2 different models. this seasons model is different than season 1's model. I think they use 2 GXF studios so i think they each have there own version.

as for the goofs, i too noticed them, BUT they only appear when its in the water. So the cut outs could be filled with water, hiding the engine sections. Probably wrong though
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    just you. That's a style that's often used to help promote size. Look at starwars episode 3, they used the same style in several city shots.
  • im confused, what are you talking about?
  • GreathorGreathor0 Posts: 0Member
    Is there any chance of a texture release? I'm just saying that cuz I have a really low poly Atlantis for a comp game and am in need of textures.

As for different city ships, isn't Atlantis the origional, so the other ones in Pegasus could be a newer design or something like that...
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    The time that I really noticed the cutouts was when Asuras was taking off, so the cutouts are there for more than just the water. Don't you just love it when they use multiple models that are all different?
  • Endeavour wrote: »
    The time that I really noticed the cutouts was when Asuras was taking off, so the cutouts are there for more than just the water. Don't you just love it when they use multiple models that are all different?

you would think that they would use the same studio for the same sets of shots in the same scece, but who knows..
  • nhallnhall171 Posts: 0Member
    I love that render of the city! It's lovely!

Cheers,
    Nick

"The Ancients aren't from another galaxy, they're from Canada. Just look how clean their city is!"
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Nick

"The Ancients aren't from another galaxy, they're from Canada. Just look how clean their city is!"

Thats right eh!
  • SGA-3DSGA-3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Dallidas wrote: »
    well there are atleast 2 different models. this seasons model is different than season 1's model. I think they use 2 GXF studios so i think they each have there own version.

as for the goofs, i too noticed them, BUT they only appear when its in the water. So the cut outs could be filled with water, hiding the engine sections. Probably wrong though

I think after a little research, the two city versions were done by Rainmaker (definitely) and Atmosphere Visual Effects (who do a lot of BSG's effects). Atmosphere did the Asuras city shots until the city took off. Rainmaker's then appeared with the underside shot of it leaving the atmosphere. I just ignore the goofs. The effects in that episode were incredible, and really showed off the city well. They would have had to have used 2 vendors in order to get the amount of new shots of the city that they needed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Vilandra wrote: »
    Its been a while since ive posted any updates. Ive been working on a few other projects, but I recently started working on the city again. Here is my latest rendering. Once I add the ocean, it will be done. Then ill render out an animation with it.

And to clearify, I have no plans to release this model. However, I am thinking about releasing my old one to a few certain individuals who have helped me in the past.

The animation will be coming soon.

That render is pure sex. No I take that back that render is even better than sex.
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    I can not figure out where the Daedalus lands when it comes to Atlantis. I know that it lands on the outer parts of one of the arms. Does anyone know what part of the out arms that it lands on (either an open patch of the hexagon on the tip of one of the arms that kind of looks like a landing pad)?
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    It lands on the water between the arms.
  • VilandraVilandra0 Posts: 0Member
    Ive been working on another light setup. Heres a quick test. It needs more work, but I just wanted to get an idea of what the lights look like.
    looking great!

i was wondering if i could use your window/light textures for a small project of mine.
  • mister moumoumister moumou0 Posts: 0Member
    vilandra have you other WIP or picture of your city ?
    Another render. This time ive added some haze. There is still some parts I havent textured yet.

Dallidas, my window/light texture is a procedural shader that was created in Cinema 4D. There are no images used for it.
    Another render. This time ive added some haze. There is still some parts I havent textured yet.

Dallidas, my window/light texture is a procedural shader that was created in Cinema 4D. There are no images used for it.

dang....o well i got SGA's textures to use.:thumb:

new render looks awesome, except for the untextured bits, which im sure you'll get too. The mist also seems to even throughout the height. Maybe make it thin out as it goes up.:thumb:
    could you give me the texture of before atlantis because I do not manage myself to make it even me
  • shepard137shepard1370 Posts: 0Member
    Ok, for anyone else who wants a top orthographic shot, here it is. I currently do not have any other ortho shots.
    where did you aquire this image and do you know where i can find the other views?
    Thats a top ortho of my city mesh. Its the only ortho ive made.
    I've got some problem of texture, but that gives that .

9339767.jpg
  • gthompsngthompsn171 Posts: 0Member
    nice
  • PoubelleManPoubelleMan0 Posts: 0Member
    What's the poly count of this beauty ?
    It counts 246 poly
  • gthompsngthompsn171 Posts: 0Member
    It counts 246 poly
    thousand or million? j/k
    Vilandra could you release your city in .c4d ? it could be interesting me .

e-mail: [email protected]