Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DBSG Vipers

• B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    Larsen wrote:
    he he... just noticed the callsign on the side there:D... What's it say?
    LT. LARSEN
    "GREEBLE"

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    hehe...Greeble Whore :D

wait...the fishslap smilies back...frak...:o

You did a better job than me :thumb:
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    HE HE... Sweet one BJ:thumb:

Hey choo... come over here for a sec:D

:fishslap:

:flippy: :lol:
    ow....

Have you tried doing a Rator BJ?

or even Larsen's Raptor-like-thingy...:confused:
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Very sweet. I love the imagination going on in her. Love the creativity. :)
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    BJ,

You do awsome work, I love the different paint jobs on the Mk II, my personal favorite is the US Air Force version, I love the way that you intigrated the Air Force Space Command shield on the vertical stabilizer, by the way what is that logo that you used on the nose? I can't identify it.

Have you given any thought to doing a US Navy version, I would love to see a VFA-103 "Jolly Rogers" Viper with the fusalage striping and the Jolly Roger flying on the tail.

Keep up the excellent work :thumb:
  • quetzalquetzal0 Posts: 0Member
    Since you have brought up the subject of Buck Rogers starfighter as being the original design for the Viper,wouldn't it be interesting to see Buck Rogers Starfighter with colonial markings ????
  • Capt. Eric GardnerCapt. Eric Gardner339 Posts: 109Member
    Yeah.........HEY! I just got it! Can you do a Viper with Federation (Starfleet) markings?
    Uhmmm... I have no doubt he could... but why!?!

Choo... what raptor like thingy would that be?

Well.........there is a picture of the 1701-A, and two Vipers in front of it. I was thinking that whoever drew the vipers with different markings (U.S., Russia, General Lee "DoH"), could actually do a viper with starfleet markings, therefore making a "Federation Viper" for the new NCC-75075 U.S.S. Galactica, A Battlestar- or an Atlantia-class multi-role starship.
  • backsteptbackstept2060 Posts: 922Member
    Larsen wrote:

Choo... what raptor like thingy would that be?
    I think he means your scout shippy thing . . . the homeworldy one :D
    Ohhh... he he yeah, BJ's more than welcome to do any of the designs:D...

It's kinda like getting accepted into a very exclusive club, having your designs 2Dd by BJ:D
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    BJ, nice to see you back at work!

If you are looking for more Viper styles, I found a Website for John Lomax. He did the work on the Battlestar Galactica PS2 video game. Here is his Colonial Bomber which I think is similar to Larsen's concept, but I like Larsen's better. It fits the style better.(Larsen, have you considered making yours a bomber?)

John Lomax also did work on the Star Trek Invasion video game. I really liked his Typhon carrier and Valkyrie fighters.

I tried e-mailing him for more info on the other ships he did for those games, but never got a reply back. John Lomax.com

Keep up the good work!

Oh, and I have got to try Corel Draw too. I'm trying Google sketchup but...
    Just to let you guys know I'm not dead or something. The business trip plus July 4th put a big bump in my work, but I'm still going. I'm currently trying to finish up the top view of Larsen's Viper. Then we'll see where we go from there.
    Have you tried doing a Rator BJ? or even Larsen's Raptor-like-thingy...
    I have tried starting the nuBSG Raptor a couple of times, but there's so many facets on that design that it's difficult to draw and shade decently. As for Larsen's, I haven't seen that in a while, so I don't have any references.
    I love the way that you intigrated the Air Force Space Command shield on the vertical stabilizer, by the way what is that logo that you used on the nose? I can't identify it.
    It's nothing, really. I just drew some shapes that looked okay at the export resolution, in this case a 1950's rocket ship.
    If you are looking for more Viper styles, I found a Website for John Lomax.
    Thanks, Safe@2nd! I have those same pictures on my computer at home, but I didn't know who had done them.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do after I finish Larsen's Viper, but who does? :D I suppose the only way I'd be happy is if I could *really* round out this group with the Mark VII Viper. But since I'm lousy at interpreting perspective renderings and there hasn't been any official orthos released, I'm not sure what to do there. Unless someone know how to get access to them.... :devil:
  • Safe@2ndSafe@2nd0 Posts: 0Member
    I saw somewhere somebody had done the top view of the MK VII. I'll try to find it.

In the meantime, here's some that I found. Hope they help.
    Kennedy Shipyards - Original, fan-produced, sci-fi, real space, and WWII blueprints and memorabilia found NOWHERE else on earth!

Not sure if they are 100% acurate. They have a set for sale on E-Bay. May be worth the coin.

eBay.ca: 5-PG NEW BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MK-7 VIPER BLUEPRINT SET (item 6635706759 end time 06-Jul-06 17:22:56 EDT)
    B.J. wrote:
    I honestly don't know what I'm going to do after I finish Larsen's Viper, but who does? :D I suppose the only way I'd be happy is if I could *really* round out this group with the Mark VII Viper. But since I'm lousy at interpreting perspective renderings and there hasn't been any official orthos released, I'm not sure what to do there. Unless someone know how to get access to them.... :devil:

Well you are more than welcome to do some of my other designs... but non of them are really finished... hehe, but then again, neither was the Viper:eek:... funny that you will allmost certainly finish my design before me:D...
    Okay, got the kids to bed early and there weren't many dishes to do, so I had a couple of solid hours to finish this! :shiner:

Hey Larsen, any requests for a special paint job? :D
  • Toragh1Toragh1331 Posts: 0Member
    from what I've seen from the samples, Kenedy ship yards are accurate, but then again I haven't seen an entire packet yet. I was thinking of getting the ENT-E packet from them to check it out
    That is excelent work mate.... very impressive:thumb:
    B.J. wrote:
    Hey Larsen, any requests for a special paint job? :D

Well I've allways liked the carrier based f14s... but that is mostly becouse of thier cool greys and extreme weathering:D

Here's an example:
    um...its already got one :D ;) (alright, its a crappy one...)
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    Haha, nice one Choo...:D

Very nice work on that top view BJ.:thumb:
  • Viper AviatorViper Aviator0 Posts: 0Member
    Larsen,

Great work on designing that Viper I love it, and BJ, you definetly did it justice. The VF-1 Wolfpack varient is great. It brings back some great memories. keep pu the good work. :thumb:
  • williethefoolwilliethefool331 Posts: 0Member
    I like the size comparrison with the mk II. Any chance of getting the other views of this baby?:thumb:
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    The heavy fighter looks awesome but how does the pilot see forward with such a low canopy?
  • PhilArtPhilArt172 Posts: 22Member
    The heavy fighter looks awesome but how does the pilot see forward with such a low canopy?

That discussion happened long ago, just try not to think about it to hard and enjoy the ship.
  • Darth MaliceDarth Malice0 Posts: 0Member
    The onboard CPU feeds the pilot all the infomation he needs through a HUD in his helmet. The only downside is, that if this system goes down he`s pretty much screwed...:D
    The onboard CPU feeds the pilot all the infomation he needs through a HUD in his helmet. The only downside is, that if this system goes down he`s pretty much screwed...:D

But the pilots so skilled he can do anything !:D

(remeber: if your an unkown guy, your cannon fodder!:flippy: )

(shall we get back on topic? :confused: )
    Of course we can get back on topic! :D

The first one is mostly just a simple recoloring of the Viper based on some color samples from the picture you posted, Larsen. The second is based loosely on several different schemes I found for F-4s and F-14s. So whatcha think?
    LOL. nice timing...;)

Nice paint job :thumb:

and why do the USAAF got all the cool toys? :(
    The RAF was there first :D
    Yeah, sure............no one likes my ideas........I feel rejected.