Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Prometheus (high poly version)

• gthompsngthompsn171 Posts: 0Member
    Infinity, you said most of your work prior to this and the Valkyrie was for mods. Which game and why is that work now "out the window"?

Lower poly versions of both of these ships would be great for the HW2 BSG mod.
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    Not sure where I said my work prior to valkyrie was only mod work, but prior to my joining this forum all I did was low poly game modding. I still do game modding as I run the Gundam Legacy mod over on petrolution. However my skills have improved thanks to the meny skilled artist here and the great creative atmosphere.

Since I'm posting I might as well throw an update up on the big board. Just a fun little render I did.:thumb:
    gun1.avi
  • SolCommandSolCommand172 Posts: 0Member
    It's always nice to see such a cool battlestar model. I'll be sure to drop by now and then to see the updates on the ship. Good job man !
    ...yeah, that's what I meant. With what you have learned here on these forums, how will that impact your modding work? Are you planning to revisit any of the low poly models?
    Are there any models specifically that you thinking of?
    I'm not part of any mod team, but I do think the HW2 BSG mod could use help implementing some of the models they are working on (like the Cygnus) as I think there's only one person on the team who is texturing models. Also, either the Prometheus or Cerberus or any other design you come up with could add a lot too (like speculative new Cylon designs or help with some of the mod's TOS ships).

Their mod is hosted at : SourceForge.net: HW2 Battlestar Galactica Mod
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Very nice model :) Great job.

However I'm wondering what you are using as reference?

I'm currently reading a Fan Fic called Battlestar Prometheus, that talks about the story of the Prometheus, which is according to the author a "Nova-class" Battlestar, the newest of the Fleet, launched right before the Fall of the 12 Colonies.

Here is a link to a picture the author put up to compare the Prometheus to other Battlestars, I am not sure what his source is either.

Battlestar Prometheus Comparison Chart

In the story, the Prometheus has 2 Viper squadrons and 1 Raptor squadron...while a Mercury-class Battlestar has 8 squadrons and 1 reserve, and the Galactica has 4 squadrons, to give you size comparisons. However on that chart, the Prometheus is the biggest Battlestar and the tech info says 4 Viper squadrons 1 Raptor squadron and 18 scimitar bombers.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    Beautiful ship.
  • DarkoneDarkone177 Posts: 258Member
    Adalla good point!
    I have a whole writeup on my Prometheus, but basiclly she was a Mercury clas when her keel was layed down but due to budget cuts she was never completed. After 8 months in limbo her semi completed hull was slated to be used as a testbed for new technology. Once completed she was intended to replace the ageing battlestar Cerberus as command ship of BSG-39.
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice dude, very. :)

deg
    Now infinity we need you to write the story out!

Anyway I love the lines on your battlestar far better then that 2D version out there!
    I was actually going to flesh it out in another way...

page03copyqu3.jpg
    both pages are outdated by now, still.
    page06copyyh5.jpg
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    nice work, I like it.
    can you post a few of the more recent renders of this ship?
    God I want one!

Do us a favor and have a sim where it wipes the solar system out of the( I hate this ship design) MERCURY class ship!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Darkone wrote: »
    God I want one!

Do us a favor and have a sim where it wipes the solar system out of the( I hate this ship design) MERCURY class ship!

NOOOO! I like the Beast.
    can you post a few of the more recent renders of this ship?

Unfortunatly I dont have too much to show, I started playing with the textures but I didn't like the way it looked so the textures are going back to the drawing board.
  • hawkbshawkbs0 Posts: 0Member
    Damn that looks good.
    I have a whole writeup on my Prometheus, but basiclly she was a Mercury clas when her keel was layed down but due to budget cuts she was never completed. After 8 months in limbo her semi completed hull was slated to be used as a testbed for new technology. Once completed she was intended to replace the ageing battlestar Cerberus as command ship of BSG-39.

Source for this? Just curious thanx.

Also, BSG stands for Battlestar Group right? how many Battlestars usually in a BSG? also does the BSG take the number of the lead battlestar? so BS-75 is command ship for BSG-75?
    I made it up around this post. As for BSG the show is not to clear how this works, my guess would be the group assumes the number of the lead battlestar.
    with or without, however you prefer, I'm still interested in seeing whatever you have on her.
    usual orthographics please, as big as you can go, preferably in individual views(e.g. separate pics per view).

thank you.
  • GargoyleGargoyle171 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool stuff, I totally like it. Thanks for sharing and were can one see the complete comic?
    Not wanting to nitpick, but the comic show's Poseidon's port batteries instead of her starboard guns, and a typo in starboard, but as you said, they are outdated anyway
    Gargoyle wrote: »
    Very cool stuff, I totally like it. Thanks for sharing and were can one see the complete comic?
    My house. There isn't a whole lot done yet, mostly because I need to finish a couple of things up first before I go any further.
    Not wanting to nitpick, but the comic show's Poseidon's port batteries instead of her starboard guns, and a typo in starboard, but as you said, they are outdated anyway
    Ooops, the image must have been mirrored in PS... cant beleive I missed that. I was going have to redo that one anyways since I've updated my Poseiden model.
    with or without, however you prefer, I'm still interested in seeing whatever you have on her.
    usual orthographics please, as big as you can go, preferably in individual views(e.g. separate pics per view).

thank you.
    Always after a little more eh?:D
    you bet, I'm most interested in this ship, been literally comparing the past version with the new version, as renders come out, trying to spot differences and whatnot.

and I'm most definitely liking what I see.
    Thats why I love ya xraider, little bit of texture work.
    Prometheus_WIP09.jpg
    50721.jpg
    I think you may have something here.
    is that based off the texture work on the valkyrie?
    either way, I do believe you may have found the right texture.
    I love the texture but think you need more guns on top!
  • Orion's beltOrion's belt0 Posts: 0Member
    no more guns it looks good the way it is