Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Prometheus (high poly version)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I like the way this one thinks.

who me?
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    :fishslap: Yes you.
    Been a while since I updated my progress on her.
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    Very cool battlestar.

I don't want to sound too ignorant, but I've only seen the first series of the re-imagined BSG down here in New Zealand (last thing I saw was Adama getting shot), and it seems to me that a few of the BSG projects around SFM represent intermediate designs between the new incarnation of the Galactica and the seventies version.

Is there a story line about such a ship after the 1st season and/or is it inferred that the latest battlestar is descended from the original style ships?
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    I've just been over at the "Pegasus Actual" site and have sort of answered my own question from the previous post, but the Pegasus, Prometheus, Sirius and such still look more like the original Galactica to me than the new one does, mostly due to the ribbed hull (no condom jokes please) on the latest big G.
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    mesh looks awsome man..but name is a bit confusing since there is already a ship called Prometheus in BSG
    Is there? Which civy ship is it? Most of the time I just go on the list of the origional battlestar names. I know there was a battlestar Olympic in the old series, and in the new series the name was used for the Olympic carrier.

Edit:
    Ahh the ship from the black market, huh for some reason I never rememberd that one. But still Its mearly a run down old freighter, quite possible that the owner simpy named her that not knowing that the was a Battlestar with the name already.;)
    Keep the name
    lol What is a run down old freighter gone say about it lol
    ...but that's just my opinion.

Rock on, Infinity.

punchface
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    vf-1msx wrote: »
    Keep the name
    lol What is a run down old freighter gone say about it lol

hey...it's my freighter..LOL..it's not that old..;)....it's just not that well maintained..ahahaha
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    And it is carrying the Colonial mafia. :lol:
    If the frieghter wants we can have a game of chicken for the name.:)
    :devil:
    If the frieghter wants we can have a game of chicken for the name.:)

lmao
    I am betting on The Battlestar Prometheus :devil:
  • backsteptbackstept2021 Posts: 919Member
    they can share it :D

I mean there are like 12 ships called Enterprise . . . more like 10 but who's counting? :shiner:

I'm likin the ship so far :thumb:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Is the freighter a civilian ship or a military ship? If it's a civilian ship, it wouldn't matter anyway, since the civilian authorities wouldn't worry about duplicating names of military ships. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Infinity238, the ship looks great. :thumb:
    Fleet picture useing Backsteps Cygnus model. (I named one of my Cygy's Chimera btw)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's awesome. :D
    Spectacular
    Spectacular
    :thumb:
    Very cool, but i feel you need to greeble the nose up. Looks very plain at the moment and needs some eye catching detail.

Other than that, very sweet design. :thumb: Those mammoth engines are killer :D
  • DarkSapiensDarkSapiens174 Posts: 0Member
    I liked it a lot, man. :thumb:

That was impressive.
  • backsteptbackstept2021 Posts: 919Member
    you rock my socks, man :thumb:
  • PavewayPaveway0 Posts: 0Member
    I love the ship, but I just don't care for your dorsal gun turret design. I also dislike the layout of them. Very close to the engines with big blind spots, and it just looks weird in a crossed pattern. A square layout of the four turrets more towards the middle of the hull would look a lot better.

You need some more guns on the turrets as well. Some on the flight pods and maybe four more dorsally on the head area.

Galactica has what 24 turrets and Pegasus 40 turrets.
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great, I really like this design.
    What I find is I not only get better with every battlestar, I get faster too. About two nights ago in about 5-6 hours I sat down and built a quick Mercury class for a fan comic I'm doing. I didnt spend too much time on her because she basicaly shows up for two or three pages than shows up as debris later.:D

I was thinking of releaseing this one because there is no Pegasus model available outside of coxxons ship pack here on scifi-meshes.
    nice Work Keep it up :thumb:
  • AdamaAdama0 Posts: 0Member
    The Battlestar looks good :thumb:
    Looks excellent, but the panels seem to have been extruded too much. Other than that, thats cool work for two nights :thumb:

and fan comic??? sounds interesting....
  • Cyba_stormCyba_storm171 Posts: 0Member
    "..in about 5-6 hours I sat down and built a quick Mercury class.." Quote from Infinity238.

It has taken me 6 WEEKS to half build the head of the Gunstar I am working on.
    I was in the zone pmpn , plus it was holding up my comic so I needed a Mercury class quick.
    I was in the zone pmpn , plus it was holding up my comic so I needed a Mercury class quick.
    cool
    plz give us more:eek: