Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar Prometheus (high poly version)

Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Yea, another BSG model get over it.

Well here it is, after much improvement I have returned to model my Battlestar Prometheus in high poly. The Prometheus was a lowpoly ship I origionally threw together in 3 hours to stand-in the backgroud of images with my Battlestar Cerberus, however the design really grew on me untill finally I had to model her properly in all her glory. As far as poly goes it is still a big step up from Cerberus but still fairly low (by some standards).

Now at the moment I just finished panneling up the top of the head, and I am slowly working my way stern.
Prometheus_02.jpg
94506.jpg
Post edited by Infinity238 on

• BerticusBerticus171 Posts: 63Member
    Thats pretty well blocked out for a high poly ship. When will it go high poly?:shiner:

Neat work!
    -albert
  • Infinity238Infinity2380 Posts: 0Member
    lol, lets put it this way. It's as high as I dare go with my computer when done.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    is the Prometheus a Mercury class or a variant of? It looks very remenicent except for the flight pods and engines.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Infinity,

Righteous.

I'm really interested in the architecture of her fantail (man, that sounds dirty!) and her ventral/undercarriage in general. Can we get a shot or two?

Did you use the light-tracer scheme to render that or was it radiosity?

punchface

P.S. Are you going to arm her?
    I kind of have a very loose story for the Prometheus. Basicaly in early construction it was a Mercury class, but it became a test bed for further improvements in systems and weapons. I havent decided whether to still call it a mercury class.

Punchface - The "undercarriage" is for the most part non existant atm, the render was a light-tracer. As for weapons, I usually wait untill I am done for the most part because it adds anywhere from 10-20 thousand poly just in guns.

peace
    10-20k sounds about right. :)

Too bad about the ventral views...even from what I can see, whatever is under your ladies skirt looks it should be pretty darned interesting. So, uhh...if you see me walking around with mirrors on the toes of my shoes, just don't say anything okay? Thanks.

Can we at least get a better look at the stern?

peace,

punchface
  • JustinDixonJustinDixon0 Posts: 0Member
    I usually wait untill I am done for the most part because it adds anywhere from 10-20 thousand poly just in guns.

peace

THATs ALL?! omg, talk about low poly guns :D
    lol, just have to burry me every time D4327... every time :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks cool so far. That's all I got because I don't know much about the new BSG (other than there is one.) I just know I like this. :devil:
    very nice
    But the flight pods and engines needs I lil Work
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice start. Did you finish the high-poly Cerebrus?
    Ahh, I just couldn't do it. I am quite attached to that model and I just couldn't remake it yet. Also some one else expressed interest in modeling a high poly Cerberus so I don't mind leaveing that option open for him.
    10-20 thousand polygons sounds about right actually. That count should build as detail is added (how anyone gets to 3 million though... is beyond me).

Lookin good. Yet another fine ship to add to the fleet.
    lol, no I was refering to the Gun turrets being 10 - 20 thousand poly considering one gun turret is like 1,000 poly with over 20 guns mounted. The thing I'm playing with is whether or not I want to use the generic kenetic gun, The model as is right now is over 40,000 poly.
    I know:)

I'd be worried if the whole model was that size.
    Little bit more done, I figured I would post an update because we have a big storm coming through tonight with hurrican force winds. So chances are I will loose my power tonight. By the way for those fermiliar with my Cerberus thread will notice the proper sized viper launch tubes.

Concade - so when can we see more of Polaris?
  • Ben of OzBen of Oz0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice mesh. The only comment I have is that maybe you could make the flight pod and center section less rounded. It doesn't fit that well into what we've seen in the new series. Unless it's a design feature you like, in which case, keep it.
    Thanks I am slowly building my way aft, the reason I wanted to stay away from an angular body is because I want it to resemble the Mercury class with out looking exactly like one. I also have a differnt gun turret for the main top battery that looks like a WWII battleship gun along with the standard kenetic batteries, which should give her a bit more of a punch.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    wow that thing has engines out the butt. lol i dig it! Is it the same size as Pegasus?
  • DarthMcWordDarthMcWord0 Posts: 0Member
    I went back and looked at some of your old Prometheus renders (low-poly), this is several huge steps up. Also, you said that you were not going to do the high-poly Cerebrus at this time, I think that that Battlestar is fine at the moment. Nice work!
    It does not look like a Mercury class at all

i
  • jrmurphjrmurph0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good. Almost reminds me of the Valkyrie. BTW does anyone have any intention of modeling the Valkyrie or the stealthstar?
    I think it has to do with the amount of ref shots of the Valk, I thought about it at one point.
  • kennykenny0 Posts: 0Member
    Infinity 238:Kenny.
    That's A Realy Great Way To Bring Back The Prometheus, From Being Destroyed By An Ori Weapon Platform. Maybe They Could Use That To Protect The Earth From All Clyons.
    It really gives the ship a boost in presentation, Infinity. Can you give us a brief synopsis of what you did?

punchface
    I just used the photoshop light bloom tutorial in the Tutorial forum.

Kind of a cheat but hey it looks cool. That and I was playing with raytrace materials.
    How many Does Nuclear Warheads does it have ?:devil:
    How meny should it have? :)
    How meny should it have? :)
    OK
    Let say 30
    10 Deployable At the Commander or Admiral word (missiles):thumb:
    10 Reserves (missiles):D
    3 Viper Deployable :devil:
    3 Raptor Deployable:devil: