Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

A bright day to return

CowardCoward526 Posts: 36Member
I've been meaning to post this image for a while.
m27k03qz1ysq.png
It originally started as a bit of an experiment to create a sun lens flare in the compositor, that could be partially or fully off-screen, and also to see how my shuttlecraft would look in a more overly bright space lighting style (it was a thread in technical questions and answers by @Backstept that originally inspired this). I eventually decided it needed something more and added the Enterprise to it.

The image was rendered in two passes with the Enterprise and shuttle being in separate ones. I did to give me a bit more control over them in the compositor (the lens flares on the Enterprise were too big so had to be tweaked separately), and it also allowed me to change the composition without always having to re-render the whole image.

The sun flare is done entirely in the compositor and is basically a bokeh image with a bunch of glare and blur nodes, all added together, and then moved into position with a transform node, before being finally added to the render.

Oh, and as a bonus here's a closer shot of the Enterprise (it's just a crop from the original render, which is twice as large as the image above).
hnn2wq81s82g.png
backsteptStarCruiserWarp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180rojrenLizzy777wibble
Tagged: