Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D & 3DGalaxy-class Sickbay (early 2380s)

tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
wu808oovrtxi.png

I'm doing this one without benefit of RedGeneral's blueprints, so the proportions may not be quite perfect (using Pat Suwalski's stage layout instead), but I think I'm off to a good start. This is a re-build of my sickbay set from 2010, blending the design and general layout of the classic Galaxy-class sickbay with some updated equipment, including VOY-style biobeds. I'm planning on bringing in some of the latter-day instruments seen in VOY and First Contact, but the bigger challenge is to get the room done overall.
ashleytingerStarCruiserwibbleLizzy777BolianAdmiralRekkert
Tagged:

• tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    @Rekkert have you built this set before? Your thoughts on how this one is coming?
    coxzs6cpoxz8.png

#progress
    StarCruiserBolianAdmiralLizzy777Rekkert
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,565Member
    I like where this is headed…
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I think it's coming together lovely! One thing I'd double-check is the height of the set, looks a bit short IMO but could just be the angle. I imagine you're already using them, but the Interactive Technical Manual had amazing 360° images of this set, you can see them here: https://mijofr.github.io/st-panorama/
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    The set height is proportional to the height of the doors as established by RedGeneral at the Set Blueprint Archive: http://archive.frogland.co.uk/

Everything else is extrapolated from that, and yes, I am using the sickbay panorama (combined with HD screencaps from TrekCore) to build everything. The layout isn't 100% accurate because it's based on Pat Suwalski's sketches, and I've already detected a few problems, but they're minor compared to the original version in 2009.

(But in this last shot, the camera angle definitely makes the set look a lot shorter than it actually is.)