Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCome on then, point out all my mistakes!

DeantendoDeantendo172 Posts: 68Member
I feel like i'm largely done with this. And i already know there are quite a few errors, but i want you folks to pick it apart from a modelling standpoint - Cant' fix things if i don't know they're broken!

nnezdxzz5b2t.jpg
StarCruiserevil_genius_180cool65Lizzy777

• DeantendoDeantendo172 Posts: 68Member
    I'll start us off:
    1. Light on front top of saucer is off centre
    2. And i damn well know some of the geometry in the engineering hull sides is at best questionable...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited February 2023 #3
    Deantendo wrote: »
    And i damn well know some of the geometry in the engineering hull sides is at best questionable...

That's the biggest one I could think of. Also, you used the wrong font for the hull lettering. You used the 22nd to mid 23rd century lettering, as opposed to the later 23rd to whenever lettering.

gsbrtz3qsrat.jpg

rrb8r28w1ucn.jpg

For anything else, I'd need to know what your overall goals were, beyond learning Blender. Aside from the engineering hull that you already acknowledged, the modeling looks pretty clean.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    See; you say i used the wrong font, i say i used the better font ;)
    backsteptscifieric
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited February 2023 #5

You said point out mistakes. I was merely pointing out that your design doesn't fit with established ships. If you're fine with that, then that's cool. However, I've actually encountered people in the past who didn't know that font wasn't the one they used on later ships.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on

You said point out mistakes. I was merely pointing out that your design doesn't fit with established ships. If you're fine with that, then that's cool. However, I've actually encountered people in the past who didn't know that font wasn't the one they used on later ships.

I think the first and most important thing for me to say is that i was joking around.
    wibble
  • maranmaran178 Posts: 39Member
    I don't see any windows or other things that give it a sense of scale.
    Just looking at it at a glance , it would guess the ship to be maybe 400-450 meters, and not the stated 1100.

The secondary hull and pylons could use some straightening here and there, and may some extra subdivisions.

I don't know what those grey rectangles on the bottom of the saucer are, but they might look better when they are following the curvature of the hull.