Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DB5 Model collection

metamothmetamoth232 Posts: 21Member
edited January 2023 in Work in Progress #1
a8k7qkkbp49x.png

I think it's time that B5 was shown some love on these forums (I have posted a few times previously with my Thunderbolt model).

I have a library/graveyard of models and a very bad habit of starting a model and never finishing so I told myself that by the end of this year I want to finish at least one of these models. Some might be easier to start from scratch due to their age and my modelling skill at the time but I think I'm going to start with the Omega as it's one of my all time favourite ship designs.

un4z6b9zu0d7.png

ebfmgonojk3g.png

m2eq6csc6zd1.png

Post edited by Guerrilla on
ashleytingerrojrenevil_genius_180wibbleStarCruiserLizzy777
Tagged:

• ashleytingerashleytinger2001 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    Love me some Bab 5!

Are you going show accurate or packing in more detailing?
  • metamothmetamoth232 Posts: 21Member
    For the omega I've found plans and othos of the original models which I'm using for blocking and dimensions which will be show accurate but yeah, adding in more detail while trying not overload it and lose the charm of the original.
    Want to make it look less 'solid' and more like a series of modules bolted together and wrapped in armour if that makes sense.
    BolianAdmiral
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looks good. I've seen some of B5, great show that's particularly notable for its early CGI effects and 16:9 aspect ratio. It was really ahead of its time.
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2001 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    metamoth wrote: »
    For the omega I've found plans and othos of the original models which I'm using for blocking and dimensions which will be show accurate but yeah, adding in more detail while trying not overload it and lose the charm of the original.
    Want to make it look less 'solid' and more like a series of modules bolted together and wrapped in armour if that makes sense.

No that makes perfect sense and how I imagine most of the Earth Alliance ships are actually built