Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSlowly Remaking the Original

2»

• trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice!
    scifieric
  • MikeFinleyMusicMikeFinleyMusic172 Posts: 60Member
    That's phenomenal
    scifieric
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice!
    That is very kind of you!
    That's phenomenal
    THANK you! Wow!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Looks just like the show, only better
    scifieric
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    very nice, which one of your favourite episodes does it show? Or did you "just" carried over the spirit?
    scifieric
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    wibble wrote: »
    very nice, which one of your favourite episodes does it show? Or did you "just" carried over the spirit?

It looks like "Doomsday Machine" to me.

scifieric
  • wibblewibble1122 Weimar, GermanyPosts: 493Member
    Possible. My first thought was "The Tholian Web".
    scifieric
    Looks just like the show, only better
    That's VERY kind of you!
    Well, it's supposed to represent a shot from The Doomsday Machine, but I didn't take the time (yet) to make the Constellation. So, this one is two USS Enterprise ships. So, "just" carried over the spirit. Nice wording!
    It looks like "Doomsday Machine" to me.
    You got that perfect!
    Possible. My first thought was "The Tholian Web".
    Interesting thought! I'll have to do a The Tholian Web ... soon. Nice!
  • psCargilepsCargile417 Posts: 620Member
    If you don't hear the theme music in your head seeing these renders, something has to be wrong with you.
    scifieric
    psCargile wrote: »
    If you don't hear the theme music in your head seeing these renders, something has to be wrong with you.

That is VERY kind of you! Thank you!
    I am hoping to get some work done on the model today, but until then, I wanted to have some fun.

TotalShipY1951.png

TotalShipY1952.png

TotalShipY1953.png
    Lizzy777MadKoiFishwibbleWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralsrspicercaveat_imperator
    Covid19 really messed with my head. I've been teaching myself to work again in 3D and texturing (I think it all got kind of wiped out of my head). This is where I am now. I've obviously got a LOT of work to do on this in order to make it acceptable.

UpperSaucer2022-A.png

LowerSaucer2022-A.png
    rojrenashleytingerLizzy777StarCruisertrekkiDennis Baileycaveat_imperatorseanr
    And some more work on the lower saucer and the neck.

NeckTexture2022-A.png

NeckTexture2022-B.png
    ashleytingertrekkisrspicerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryStarCruisercaveat_imperator
  • BruCarBruCar332 Posts: 1Member
    Sorry to hear about your Covid Eric. You've obviously forgotten much more then I even knew about 3D. Your renders somehow remind me of the zone of darkness in The Immunity Syndrome.
    scifieric
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Beautiful work Eric. I've restarted your Enterprise tutorials, but am using Blender 3.2 instead of 2.78 as you used. Some things are the same, but a lot of things have changed which makes doing your tutorials kind of slow going. Going to try and stick with it this time around instead of falling back on Cinema 4D. Love the software, but I am using an old and very dated version. Blender seems to have quite a lot of cool things built into it.
    scifieric
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Very nice Eric.
    scifieric
    BruCar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your Covid Eric. You've obviously forgotten much more then I even knew about 3D. Your renders somehow remind me of the zone of darkness in The Immunity Syndrome.
    Oh wow! Thank you about the comparison to The Immunity Syndrome. Yeah, I think about that every time. But I only turn them out this way because it's fast! LOL!
    Tralfaz wrote: »
    Beautiful work Eric. I've restarted your Enterprise tutorials, but am using Blender 3.2 instead of 2.78 as you used. Some things are the same, but a lot of things have changed which makes doing your tutorials kind of slow going. Going to try and stick with it this time around instead of falling back on Cinema 4D. Love the software, but I am using an old and very dated version. Blender seems to have quite a lot of cool things built into it.
    Thank you, Tralfaz! Yeah, I should learn the latest version of Blender and make models there. If you want to follow my version, you can always download the older versions of Blender from their website! https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/
    trekki wrote: »
    Very nice Eric.
    Thank you, Trekki!
    ashleytinger
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,232Member
    Tralfaz wrote: »

Not trying to hijack but wanted to add some thoughts to this. I was using Truespace 3 up until it quit working on my main render box a few years ago now. It still worked using Truespace 7 but that version was so different from what I'd started with that I looked around and saw everyone using Blender and it was free but it seemed daunting so someone suggested that I try Blender For Artists as it was similar to Truespace in the interface and worked more along those lines.

I started with scifieric's tutorial for the Enterprise to teach myself the ropes a bit ( never finished it because I got distracted like I usually do) and now I've been using B4Artists pretty much exclusively as I can port my old Truespace stuff to it with a plugin and go from there.

You may have to look some things up going through the tutorials (I did because B4Artists does handle things slightly differently from standard Blender) but it's definitely worth it!

Ok, enough derailment.

I love the texture work you're doing with her. She looks like she's been around for awhile. Going to look great when you're all done!
    scifieric
    Not trying to hijack but wanted to add some thoughts to this.
    You may ALWAYS comment! I'm delighted to read your thoughts.
    I was using Truespace 3 up until it quit working on my main render box a few years ago now. It still worked using Truespace 7 but that version was so different from what I'd started with that I looked around and saw everyone using Blender and it was free but it seemed daunting so someone suggested that I try Blender For Artists as it was similar to Truespace in the interface and worked more along those lines.
    Yep. I remember Blender for Artists. It's been a while. Perhaps I can go back and take a look.

At the moment I'm still using Blender 2.79. It's pretty much got the tools I want, but I'm running into a few problems, I was using 2.79b and I think I need to find that one again. It was great!
    I started with scifieric's tutorial for the Enterprise to teach myself the ropes a bit ( never finished it because I got distracted like I usually do) and now I've been using B4Artists pretty much exclusively as I can port my old Truespace stuff to it with a plugin and go from there.

You may have to look some things up going through the tutorials (I did because B4Artists does handle things slightly differently from standard Blender) but it's definitely worth it!
    Very cool! I'll take a look! Thank you for your thoughts and input!
    Ok, enough derailment.

I love the texture work you're doing with her. She looks like she's been around for awhile. Going to look great when you're all done!
    Thank you VERY kindly! I hope I can do her justice.
    Slowly getting there.

UpperSaucer2022-B.png
    LowerSaucer2022-C.png
    LowerSaucer2022-D.png
    Lizzy777caveat_imperator