Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DZoids!!!

JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
edited October 2021 in Work in Progress #1

Hi all! It's been a while since the last time I was on here, however, I've learned that I have either enough time to view the art of others, or to work on my own, with very little choices in between.

I've been attempting to start a YouTube channel for Zoids, a Japanese toy line of robotic weaponized androids stretching back to the early 1980's that has grown and shrunk over the decades, resulting in anime TV shows, highly detailed model kits, card games, video games, and more! It's kind of an obscure franchise, but it's a really cool one that has earned a very loyal fanbase. They are sort of like Gundam and Transformers

nazhp2sa8x6g.jpg

Below is a bunch of WIPs that I have been working on for the past 2-3 months.

g9pnwnakifi2.png
Shield Liger Ver. 1

k98gctahf1z3.png
Shield Liger Ver. 2

0rcraxj13gyv.png
Shield Liger Ver. 2

8u681gc16rc6.png
Shield Liger Mk-IIB

ue3of48vm4u3.png
Guylos Dark Army Iguan

cdntwuk25m4a.png
Zillon

iaspsf2jpfsj.png
Iguan Weapons

m1a71wzp20fr.png
https://www.deviantart.com/jeszasz/art/Iguan-Downed-Godos-WIP-896250411

Post edited by JES on
Lizzy777HundredwolfmanWarp Propulsion LaboratoryZoidZilla
Tagged:

• HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    edited October 2021 #2
    Very nice sketches, I loved this series back in the day.
    Post edited by Hundred on
  • ZoidZillaZoidZilla340 Posts: 17Member
    Great stuff. Always nice to see Zoids artwork.
    JES
  • JESJES392 Posts: 195Member
    ZoidZilla wrote: »

Yeah, same here. It's funny seeing a OER Zoidzilla/OJR Gojulas on this website. God, I've love to get the new Kotobukiya Gojulas, but it's so damned expensive!

It seems that series like Zoids don't get the love they deserve in the West. There is a lot of Zoids artwork on Pixiv, but most of those artists are Asian, and don't post on Western sites like here.

• BlueNeumannBlueNeumann628 Posts: 1,283Member
    Oh it's so great seeing some more mechs and robots on this forum!
  • ZoidZillaZoidZilla340 Posts: 17Member
    JES wrote: »
    ZoidZilla wrote: »

It seems that series like Zoids don't get the love they deserve in the West.

Where I live the Zoids universe and toys are pretty much unknown. I only know of them because of a very confusing video game for the c64 I played when i was young. Many years later, after I got my first internet connection, I wanted to make sense of it all and encountered the Toys and the Chaotic Century series.

I really wish there would a new Anime/Streaming series or something to spark more interest for the Zoid universe outside of Asia.