Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAmbassador-class Variant

13»

• new_purplenew_purple112 Posts: 62Member
    Getting so close to finished! Still have some tweaking to do with shaders and such. And the rest of the Starfleet makeup.

Most of the lights on the upper and lower saucer surfaces followed the studio model closely. The superstructure windows are a bit bigger...my thinking being basically that's senior officer and VIP quarters. A step towards the luxury of the Galaxy class...but also the part of the ship you use to impress foreign diplomats.

As I mentioned, the windows on the saucer rim are not at all like the studio model. Two decks of windows on the rim for Constitution, Excelsior, Miranda, Galaxy, Nebula and so forth...and now my Ambassador joins the club. I went through a couple of different window patters, starting with wide and narrow windows similar to Constitution/Excelsior. That looked sort of strange. So I kept the windows all the same size, but used the grouping sizes to imply the patterns we've seen on other ships...just wider. So the next logical step with the Galaxy is basically "Hey Bob, why do we group the windows this way around the saucer?" "Oh, I dunno Justin...we've just always done it that way." "Huh. OK, well screw it. Windows all around!"

It is a bit odd how with the window textures and glass, the windows look surprisingly dark when you shine a light on them...but I guess that's how most windows work.

9jnwp4debg47.png
    6jzwd08g6k97.png
    d4ch3ujqmxab.png

trekkiLizzy777Soul ScreamLoopholeashleytingerStarCruiserwolfmanMcC
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Your interpretation over the original is very good! Congratulations!