Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGalileo 7 WIP

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
Now that I have completed my TOS Enterprise, thought I would give the shuttle craft a shot.

EeUi6aQ.png

nQdCVlY.png
rojrenBolianAdmiralWarp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777lewisnivenJeffrySGMadKoiFish
Tagged:

• scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    This is absolutely beautiful!

The only thing I have to ask is if the landing pad in the back, the foot, is it perhaps a tad too small?
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    Very nice.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thank you folks.

Not sure about the size of the landing pad. I kind of thought so as well, but it matched the blueprints I was working from. Easy enough to change though.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,400Member
    Hi Al, the shuttle is very good!
    I think the landing foot is a bit wider.
    Look here.
    https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/class-f-shuttlecraft-sheet-6.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,566Member
    scifieric wrote: »
    This is absolutely beautiful!

The only thing I have to ask is if the landing pad in the back, the foot, is it perhaps a tad too small?

The size looks right to me.
  • seanrseanr1113 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 599Member
    The photos in that reference image actually appear to show two different versions. One that's wide and the one on the left that's narrow like the one in the render here. Personally, I'd go with the wider version - this one looks like it'd sink right into any surface that wasn't solid rock. ;)
    I've seen it using both versions. One where it is with the width of the craft and also where it is with the length of the ship. I've tried looking at original clips of the model from the show and it looks like the foot goes lengthwise. And there is a photo of the original shuttle hanging on wires in front of the blue screen where the foot is lengthwise as well. It's hard to tell from the Galileo 7 episode as the foot is mostly buried in the dirt.
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Yea, the CG model used in TOS-R has it like you have it, as does the filming model from the 60's, and the blueprints I see imply the way you have it. However, the (fullscale?) set version has it facing the width of the shuttle, can tell based on the support structure welds on the foot.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Thanks for the info Chris2005.
  • JeffrySGJeffrySG321 Posts: 477Member
    Looking great!
  • eagledocf15eagledocf15357 Houston Texas Posts: 46Member
    did you modify the Foot?
    Yes I did. The foot is now a bit larger and goes width wise.
    I started working on the interior. Taking a bit of artistic license in order to get everything to fit. Still have other stuff to do like the scanners on either side of the cockpit and control panels along the sides of the walls.

Jz6QcmD.png

otyQOEq.png
    Lizzy777Freak
    Hi Al,
    this interior is very nice, love it !