Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSeaQuest

2»

• omnipotentomnipotent658 SwedenPosts: 466Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    I wonder how that scene would look with some sea life in there. Like a blue whale, or a pod of humpbacks in the background.

Idle thought aside, that's a fantastic rendition for a sample render!

if you know where i can find a good dolphin lemme know ;)
    Lizzy777
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    omnipotent wrote: »
    if you know where i can find a good dolphin lemme know ;)

I think Darwin might be on the Enterprise in the Cetacean department.
    omnipotent
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    edited May 2021 #34

Full 4k of first angle and a peek at the following angle, still battling the banding and youtube compression :(
    Post edited by omnipotent on
    Lizzy777raztov
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    i was going to suggest having darwin swimming along.. but then i realised that i keep saying - yea great but do this.... haha

But in all honesty i could sit and watch these all day... really nice.. i think it' really speaking to the 14 year old in me...
    omnipotent
    edited May 2021 #36
    while staring at my render progress bar i felt i needed some kind of fighter sub for SeaQuest so slapped this together from some old and new parts still a wip but rough shape is there, will shade it similar to the Seaquest so should look ok wizzing by in some pass

edited May 2021 #37
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Lizzy777
    edited May 2021 #38
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    Lizzy777Swiftstryke

Todays render progress, 30s+ now so halfway to the 1min+ i was on about before :)
    Lizzy777
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    It feels like i'm just saying fantstic... but there's really nothing else I can say..

the 3rd shot looks great.. (not that the others don't) and when the theme kicked in I realised I had a big grin on my face for some reason..... sheer joy in 36 seconds..
    omnipotent
    markmassey wrote: »
    It feels like i'm just saying fantstic... but there's really nothing else I can say..

the 3rd shot looks great.. (not that the others don't) and when the theme kicked in I realised I had a big grin on my face for some reason..... sheer joy in 36 seconds..
    keep saying it and ill keep trying to deliver ;)

and yeah shot 3 def had some power in it and the musical shift as the shot transitions was a pure accident as i hadnt planned on it, and that angle i remember in the show at somepoint, also glad you can see past the youtube compression and resulting banding as personally its all i can see atm (and it is def pissing me off at this point) :D

shot 3 done and trying to figure out the following ones atm including a shot or 2 with the yet unamed fighter.
    Lizzy777Swiftstryke
    edited May 2021 #43
    Got one fighter angle locked, just needs some motions ;)

ZdepthR.jpg
    Lizzy777raztov

engine and water audio added/mixed
    + peek at fighter scene
    also managed to get rid of some compression issues or well atleast make them less obvious
    Lizzy777

So i am calling it here on this one for now (as the last shot lended itself to a cut with a promise of something more to come) and i REALLY just need to do something else then render frames for a while but i will def come back to it in the future, great little project tho that i learned alot from, things i have ideas to apply on other things, so enjoy it for what it is for now ;)
    Lizzy777Mustang13Camaro68srspicer
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very pretty!
    omnipotent
  • Mustang13Camaro68Mustang13Camaro68328 DetroitPosts: 156Member
    Really liked how this turned out! The water murkiness, texturing and running lights really created a cinematic mood. I'm ready for a SeaQuest big screen movie now...
    omnipotent
    MustangCamaro's Other Projects: TaelonMothership MarsAttacks SeaQuestDSV
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Beautiful! I loved this series when it aired. It's unfortunate the producers had no clue what they were doing and changed the show season after season.
    omnipotent
    TrekMD wrote: »
    Beautiful! I loved this series when it aired. It's unfortunate the producers had no clue what they were doing and changed the show season after season.

they had stiff competition for ratings at the time and to justify the budget they had to try something but id like to think that if they had stuck to the s1 format it wouldve grown legs by season 3 :)
    TrekMD
  • SwiftstrykeSwiftstryke3 Posts: 2Member
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

shot 3 done and trying to figure out the following ones atm including a shot or 2 with the yet unamed fighter.

Stingray.

It just feels like a Stingray to me.
    omnipotent