Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DTwo New Ships For My Book Covers

SeanPSeanP191 Posts: 248Member
I haven't posted anything or even visited these forums in quite a while. I just finished my fourth book and I am currently rewriting my first three books to improve them and apply what I have learned since writing them. As part of the rewrites I am working on new covers as well. To that end I created two new ships in 3D over the past few weeks. The original battle carrier is 1.5 miles long. The second generation battle carrier is twice the size at 3.0 miles long. The dreadnaught is 4.5 miles long. One thing I learned from making the original covers is don't overdo the detail on the 3D ships because it just doesn't show up. All it does is greatly increase the time it takes to render the final image. Here are a few images of the old and new ships together for comparison, without any special lighting, special effects, texture maps, or environment.

uvleft2p4l3a.jpg
ospjhjln52rs.jpg
w66y3y9t373p.jpg
0zwkonmrbfho.jpg
fxzzquseiuu0.jpg
qk3idatnkgvn.jpg
publiusr
Tagged:

• markmasseymarkmassey365 StaffordshirePosts: 466Member
    Wow to say there are a lot of guns on that dreadnaught is an understatement :D imagine you're going about your daily business.. you swing around a moon and get target locked by that beast.. your flight computer just says error....

Welcome back tho ;) be interested to know more about the universe you've designed these for...
    scifiericpubliusr