Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTwo New Ships For My Book Covers

SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
I haven't posted anything or even visited these forums in quite a while. I just finished my fourth book and I am currently rewriting my first three books to improve them and apply what I have learned since writing them. As part of the rewrites I am working on new covers as well. To that end I created two new ships in 3D over the past few weeks. The original battle carrier is 1.5 miles long. The second generation battle carrier is twice the size at 3.0 miles long. The dreadnaught is 4.5 miles long. One thing I learned from making the original covers is don't overdo the detail on the 3D ships because it just doesn't show up. All it does is greatly increase the time it takes to render the final image. Here are a few images of the old and new ships together for comparison, without any special lighting, special effects, texture maps, or environment.

uvleft2p4l3a.jpg
ospjhjln52rs.jpg
w66y3y9t373p.jpg
0zwkonmrbfho.jpg
fxzzquseiuu0.jpg
qk3idatnkgvn.jpg
publiusr
Tagged:

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Wow to say there are a lot of guns on that dreadnaught is an understatement :D imagine you're going about your daily business.. you swing around a moon and get target locked by that beast.. your flight computer just says error....

Welcome back tho ;) be interested to know more about the universe you've designed these for...
    scifiericpubliusr
  • SeanPSeanP218 Posts: 256Member
    Okay, so after a while I decided I didn't like a lot of things about the two new ships so I basically deleted everything except the main hulls and started over. I have basically finished the dreadnought and am about to start work rebuilding the battle carrier. I am very happy with how the dreadnought turned out and am hoping the battle carrier turns out just as well.

alrqoswudx2e.jpg
    yl4zkgcv1c5i.jpg
    cwtplfptawfy.jpg
    twghilabe1e9.jpg
    w42hriebdkd8.jpg
    99kentopq3it.jpg
    tw69oihw3rdg.jpg
    lxzx93cpcfuw.jpg
    vlx8qefsqxno.jpg
    h7rm1ut5zq9w.jpg
    qi7b6zew41m3.jpg
    j67ba5cns82m.jpg
    00jutwecxbci.jpg
    ujo03k5aiufo.jpg
    y9ay08q6u5tw.jpg

Lizzy777RekkertMcCFreakMustang13Camaro68
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I remember you from the old era forum.....

Loved your work back then, still love it.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I quite like the new version, it's a lot more in line with your original battle carrier.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Aresius wrote: »
    I remember you from the old era forum.....

Loved your work back then, still love it.

Thanks Aresius, I appreciate the compliment!
    Yeah, I've been here for quite a while - on and off.
    I joined way back in the scifiart.com days - about 20 years ago.
    Still trying to learn and improve. :)
    Rekkert wrote: »
    I quite like the new version, it's a lot more in line with your original battle carrier.

Thanks Rekkert!
    I wanted to pull it back in line with the original battle carrier so I guess I succeeded. :)
    I'm going to start doing the same thing to the second generation battle carrier soon.