Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKusanagi Class Project (TMP Akira) - Ship and Interiors

2»

• ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    Nothing too exciting but I drafted some initial ground markings. Now I need to start figuring out the rest of the structure. The workbees need some proper bays as well. Any thoughts on the number of workbees? I felt like 12 was a good number in case of major repairs or cargo operations in stations.

hangar007.jpg
    rojrenLizzy777lewisnivenFreaksrspicerRekkertJES
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    12 seems like plenty
    Viper
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I'd love to see how you do the materials, that hull surfacing in to die for
    Viper
  • johnl2112johnl211248 Posts: 54Member
    I didn't realize it until you made it, but the Akira makes way more sense in the TMP/Refit era design language than the "hurr durr, look at our extensive use of ngons and crazy beziers" First Contact era nonsense.
    Viper
    Hunter G wrote: »
    I'd love to see how you do the materials, that hull surfacing in to die for

Nothing too special. Just diffuse and roughness map. I might have something on that later.
    johnl2112 wrote: »
    I didn't realize it until you made it, but the Akira makes way more sense in the TMP/Refit era design language than the "hurr durr, look at our extensive use of ngons and crazy beziers" First Contact era nonsense.

I quite like the First Contact era, but there's no denying that the TMP era is the most graceful one, at least IMO. I'm glad you like my attempt :)

I quite like the First Contact era, but there's no denying that the TMP era is the most graceful one, at least IMO. I'm glad you like my attempt :)[/quote]

I am going to be making something soon that uses uses TMP/Excelsior language, in something Galaxy Class sized.. I'll post it here if it doesn't suck.
    Viper
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Yay! B)
    Viper
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I want to see those two wider shuttles
    Viper
    I bought a new PC this week, so I can finally work on my own animations now. Some things will have to wait, but for simpler stuff it works. So I did this one, but I'm going to expand on it. For now, enjoy :)

RekkertMartocticvsLizzy777kadenraztovsrspicerMcCJES
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    This ship looks SO much better than the Akira! I don't dislike the Akira class, but your model starts a craving for a tmp era show!
    Viper
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Damn, she's even more beautiful while in motion. You've done an excellent job with this design and the animation (no matter how short) is crisp and clean.
    Viper
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Awesome, only bit of feedback is if you are doing the realistic harsh sun lighting (Yes yes, do this, its awesome) the stars should not be visible at all as the sun is soooooo much brighter. But I love it!
    Viper
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    I'm a sucker for a good flyby.... great work as usual
    Viper
    Awesome, only bit of feedback is if you are doing the realistic harsh sun lighting (Yes yes, do this, its awesome) the stars should not be visible at all as the sun is soooooo much brighter. But I love it!

I know, but I find that usually it doesn't translate well, plus people usually ask for the stars.
  • FANGsFANGs414 Posts: 79Member
    I totally forgot to congratulate on the new PC! May it serve faithfully and bring joy to you (and us, if you render something) ;-P
    Viper
    FANGs wrote: »
    I totally forgot to congratulate on the new PC! May it serve faithfully and bring joy to you (and us, if you render something) ;-P

Well, the animation wouldn't have been possible without it :) It's a 16 core processor, as opposed to the 4 I had before, so things are a lot faster. I still need to invest in a new GPU at some point, but the current market is making it impossible.
    Last few days the group on Discord started to work on upgrading the clouds workflow, so I managed to make mine a lot better. No animation for now as I'm going to do some changes, but here's a still image:

earthrise8.jpg
    Lizzy777ashleytingerMartocticvskadenJESFreakraztovseanr
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    So you've finally given her own thread. Kind of funny that she has a more balanced arsenal, while her descendent is more like a torpedo cruiser.
    Can't say which looks better, only that you've definitely got the TMP design aesthetic down perfect to a t, probably partially be throwing in a bit of Excelsior here and there. The TMP style is definitely anything but static.