Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise B update

japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
edited June 2020 in Work in Progress #1
Ent-B2.jpg
entb-vray.jpg
Edit: Updated to final
Updating another old model, which has held up quite well, but again it was using MentalRay which is no longer supported in Max, which is fine. So I'm updating it to VRay. I'm also taking the time to merge and combine some materials and textures. There's probably 100 materials, not including the submaterials, and I would like to release this one day, but not until things are cleaned up to give someone else a little bit of hope of making it look right ;). Plus I've learned a lot in the last 9 years since i made it ;)
Post edited by japetus on
BolianAdmiralRekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777Warp Propulsion LaboratoryTrekMDDonnyBrandenberg
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a great looking model. :)
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    ANyone have any advice for how they do their Star Trek hull shaders? I'm always wrestling with the fact that, you know, it was a spray painted model and not "metallic" like you would do in modern fx. What sorta reflection/glossiness settings do people use?
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    Please add phaser emitters on the ventral secondary hull and one bank above the shuttlebay
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Somewhat hard to find fault with that as is, but I'm sure you'll blow us away.
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Ok, finally got a chance to finish this up well enough. Did a ton of cleaning and optimizing of my textures and materials and converted it to vray... I went from 71 materials, 860MB of layered tifs, and 43 maps, to 14 materials, 50MB of PNG textures, and 34 maps (more maps to control reflection/glossiness/self illumination instead of relying just on shaders). Here are some hi-rez beauty renders!
    Ent-B2.jpg
    Ent-B3.jpg
    Ent-B4.jpg
    Ent-B5.jpg
    Ent-B6.jpg
    BolianAdmiralBrandenbergRekkertevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Freak
  • Vortex5972Vortex5972320 Posts: 1,201Member
    Incredible renders and a great looking model.
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Simply Spectacular. I can see the work that went into it. :+1:
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks outstanding. It's a lovely model and a lovely design, it's a shame that it seems to be a rare variant of the Excelsior class. Even after the model was modified for Generations, we never saw it pop up much on DS9, so they must have not done a CG model of this variant. (though, I guess that keeps it consistent with TNG)
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Excellent work! Looks like this ship.
  • admiral hortonadmiral horton201 Posts: 145Member
    looks good, however it is missing phaser emitters on the ventral secondary hull