Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCondor class redesign

BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
I'm doing a slight redesign of my Condor. I'm kind of getting fed up that people are selling my models, so I guess I'm going to start a Thingiverse collection of my own soon. If you can't beat 'm, join 'm...

egTYf8S.jpg

I'm bringing her more in line with the ship that I based it on. While rebuilding I noticed that yes, even back in the day I based certain curves already on the Danube. Older me thanks younger me for it hardcore, because it meant that transplanting certain things (now that I have a Danube of my own) went really easy. I'm having some chamfering troubles with the more complex faces though... Also: I rebuilt the nacelles (they were butchered from a Warehouse Intrepid originally), rebuilt the pylons and am planning on redesigning the aft of the spine. Might become a micro torpedo launcher, while the impulse engines originally there will be moved to the upper or lower part of the aft hull. Might keep the segregated door. Maybe not.

mMDcZmB.jpg

Any other people here who've seen their models pop up on the various 3D print sites?
evil_genius_180Lizzy777BolianAdmiral

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's a really nice start, BorgMan.

It's a shame people are printing your models and selling them. Unfortunately, people with talent can be prey for those who lack talent.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Yeah, it's been a thing in the past. Up until the point I contacted a seller and they vehemently tried to defend the object as "something they designed based on a design they saw on the internet somewhere". Like, dude, it's the *exact* same model, unlogical placement of certain elements included!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That a great looking Shuttle.
    I thing I'm close to done. Just a matter of putting up navigation lights. Also: Condor as a name is... flawed. I could only find two species in that genus so it might be a better idea to name it after something else entirely...

O1djx6F.jpg

0Y65YdR.jpg
    P5ych0p4thFreakLizzy777evil_genius_180BolianAdmiralsrspicer
    She looking good.
    Are you planning to add panel like the runabout at a later date?
    Freak wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all... I'll look into it!
    Yeah, that looks really nice.
    BorgMan wrote: »
    Freak wrote: »

That's not a bad idea at all... I'll look into it!

Go for it, it a little time consuming.
    But once your done, it pays off and looks great.
  • Zhor2395Zhor2395344 MN, USAPosts: 92Member
    an artist I've recently commissioned some stuff through has run into that sort of behavior, only more blatantly rude and out in the open with his snitching other's art

the craft looks nice.
    "It's just like bumper cars...where everyone dies." ~Penny Robinson
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    These models look cool. Looking forward to seeing them finished. Like that it looks a bit like a caravan at the back. :)
    edited May 2020 #12
    Yup, I'm done.

I36tRKr.jpg

FQyzutp.jpg

On a aside note, the model is now also updated in the 3DWarehouse. I'm also busy with a version that is made specifically for printing. So yeah, take that lazy seller people stealing other people's stuff! *launches space cow in their general direction*
    Post edited by BorgMan on
    srspicerFreakevil_genius_180Lizzy777
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Looks like it has some Executive shuttle influence. B)
    This has turned out really nice.
    The addition of the panels has really made this model pop!
    Awesome work as usual, BorgMan. That line work is nice and clean, and it really adds a lot of visual interest to the ship without overdoing the details.