Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Viper Redo

2»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That is nice.

Loving that joystick.
  • japetusjapetus2957 SeattlePosts: 1,399Member
    And joystick textured in Substance Painter now...
    joystick.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180Freaksrspicer
    Ok, been doing tons of texturing on the cockpit, and been doing the gauges in Substance Designer. Found a few limitations with a few of the nodes, but for the most part it's been working really well. Maybe tomorrow I'll finish them all and the dials finally :s The altimeter gauge looks like this:
    gauge1.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777
    I'm trying to be pretty sparing with the amount of materials i create, so the side arm panels and joystick are all unwrapped into one material and painted in Substance Painter. They are all made from various audio equipment, so it's funny to see some of the text on the panels close up. I've changed just a couple that might be more noticeable... also some renders in Max with the textured panels from Substance. Another goal of mine is to do all the texturing in Substance Designer and Painter, as another challenge to myself. So far so good! I love how they work together, although that makes for some pretty stupid workflows sometimes, especially around fonts. (Also, the 2 main cockpit screens I found on the internet, not my work! They are FPO)

Weapons%20Panel.png
    frequency%20panel.png
    side%20joystick.png
    cockpit-lower.jpg
    cockpit-upper.jpg
    evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777FreakBrandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That looks nice, especially with the weathering to indicate use. Though, I would expect the flight stick to be made out of plastic, not metal.
    Very Nice
    edited April 2020 #38
    Looking mighty fine I think...the last 10% is always the hardest!! Gotta get to making my own dradis and diagnostics screen...

cockpit5_comped.png
    Edit: updated image with FPO on dradis and my own weapon screen.
    Post edited by japetus on
    FreakashleytingerWarp Propulsion Laboratoryevil_genius_180srspicerLizzy777Brandenberg
    Love the level of details you have put into this.
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    That's insane... in a good way.
    The controls and displays all look great.
    edited May 2020 #42
    Cockpit done! Made my own screens and the dradis has an animated radar sweep. I also made a quick 100k triangle version of my viper, minus cockpit and landing gear. I have dreams one day of getting it into Unreal to walk around and get in the cockpit, though I need a break from this. Only have the aft greebles to redo, prop and zoic model are quite different in that area. 8d35vdpx7ue3.png
    ytt9kljzedwq.png
    dl6gdf1nz6bd.png

Post edited by japetus on
    evil_genius_180srspicerashleytingerBrandenbergLizzy777Freak
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Oh... That is sooooo great!. Nice!
    This looks awesome. I especially like how you did all of the grime and even made the leather on the seat look lumpy and worn, like the seat has been sat in a lot.
  • trekkitrekki947 Posts: 1,399Member
    Very very nice!
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    It's hard to believe that's a mesh.