Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DNew Original Ship For The Cover Of My 4th Book

SeanPSeanP191 Posts: 248Member
I am almost finished writing my fourth book and I've also been working on the main character's new spaceship for the cover. I have the shape all hammered out so now I can start adding all the small detail, weapons, engines, landing gear ...etc.

ix4etjww9a2y.jpg
mox5cymb7c21.jpg
gv6iwj79ong9.jpg
urxdchro2o5e.jpg
aphwmvqt8knv.jpg

lewisnivenLizzy777FreakP5ych0p4thevil_genius_180
Tagged:

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1484 CaliforniaPosts: 1,850Member
    Plenty of room for engines back there. The design definitely looks promising.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th441 GermanyPosts: 327Member
    Probably just temporary, but I do like the Color 😁
  • SeanPSeanP191 Posts: 248Member
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    Probably just temporary, but I do like the Color 😁

LOL! Yes, the color is temporary. I model in a light green and then when the shape is done I change the color to purple.
    Plenty of room for engines back there. The design definitely looks promising.

Thanks Brandenberg! I have three types of engines to fit in back there so I need a lot of room. Jet engines for when it is in atmosphere, rocket thrusters / sub-light engines and then the FTL field emitters. Plus I will be putting in a bunch of greebles.
    Blocked in the intakes for the in atmosphere jet engines today. Modeled them after the intakes on my favorite fighter the F-14 Tomcat.

tugxt1bblou6.jpg
    28m2j1vheb0b.jpg

evil_genius_180FreakP5ych0p4thLizzy777
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1801836 Posts: 9,995Member
    This is looking really nice so far.
  • FreakFreak1038 Posts: 4,288Member
    Nice.
    I don't know why but with those intakes, it screaming to me that the main hull and possibly wings need to be stetched out a little. A bit like the Concord.
    Great shot from the front.
    A little more progress on the new ship. Still lots of detail to add and I need to decide on a color scheme. This is a private space ship, not a military ship, so I think I want to give it some color instead of military gray. To save myself some time I fit the sub-light thrusters from the battle carrier in the back. I'll make some changes to make them unique to this ship in a bit. Still need to ad the thrust cones for the jet engines and the FTL drive assembly - which I'm still brainstorming on. Anyone have suggestions on the color scheme?

knf5vlnhkbgw.jpg
    hm1f1uigdlfu.jpg
    9sk902vyy57b.jpg
    kuc8z4cp6fhv.jpg
    v1x5jlnb9qjy.jpg
    Lizzy777evil_genius_180FreakBrandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1801836 Posts: 9,995Member
    That's looking really nice so far, Sean.
    SeanP wrote: »
    Anyone have suggestions on the color scheme?

Red, black and silver. Heavy on the red with black and silver used more for stripes and accents. Or maybe a two tone, with red on top and silver on bottom and black stripes and accents. (just a few thoughts)
  • FreakFreak1038 Posts: 4,288Member
    Looking Good. Loving the details I the back.

As for a colour scheme, white is the traditional colour for a civilian craft.
    Now if you going to have it as a civilian company craft, you can go nuts.
    Look at how airlines do their paint scheme for inspiration.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla508 HelsinkiPosts: 2,694Administrator
    Kaden's Warp Fighter looked delicious in orange and gray. Why not give that a shot? :)
    https://forums.scifi-meshes.com/discussion/comment/2020866#Comment_2020866

Or maybe some truly Fossian stuff with bright primary colors, and checkered patterns (think Homeworld).
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Thanks you guys!

All of you have great color scheme suggestions.
    I'll have to see what I can come up with.
    Try a few of them.
    I think you should make it look good and used - like the Star Wars stuff. Unless your book is about a brand new ship. :)