Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise-D Interiors

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804255 Posts: 11,034Member
    You're doing some fantastic work on this. I love how the bridge fits so nicely into Prologic9's D model.
  • D-JotaD-Jota390 Posts: 47Member
    And what is going on inside those nacelles? ;) =)

Nacelle control room:
    ig8vxgqff4ct.jpg

avwrl5st2jsw.jpg

w19qspo6c59o.jpg

pnn2d32l659p.jpg

Warp coils:

o3kzyrldvbul.jpg

3sw59rfxmx3d.jpg

0x3dm9dwsttv.jpg

h8qv7tgw9a2a.jpg

Drive plasma effect:

9mg7nusak87u.jpg

cdvp4v3p38i0.jpg

1khc099x581l.jpg

i67yb5ho13nj.jpg

I honestly tried to reproduce the drive plasma effect from the episode but the time I spent on it was tremendous and the results so poor, I just resorted to layering a bunch of procedurals and tried to make the energy as angry as possible. - Far more tidy than my original attempt.
    evil_genius_180RekkertWarp Propulsion LaboratoryFreak
  • count23count23359 Posts: 778Member
    Looks excellent. Only bit of advice is but a bit more of a noise on the roughness for the walls, it does seem a smidge washed out under the light levels you have.

fun fact, did you know the nacelle control room ended up being attached to Voyager's engineering set? the walk-through area between the doors and the warp core is the nacelle control room alcove :)
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    Nice.

For the plasma effect, did you think about particles? Maybe that's overkill. Though I am curious about how the first attempt looked.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    That Control Room looks Great!
  • D-JotaD-Jota390 Posts: 47Member
    You're doing some fantastic work on this. I love how the bridge fits so nicely into Prologic9's D model.
    Thanks evil_genius_180. There is quite a bit of disconnect between the sets as we saw them on the show and the 6ft shooting model of the Enterprise-D that Prologic9 has faithfully recreated; makes for some interesting (or should I say irritating?) considerations and challenges when it comes time for me to introduce a new interior to the ship model. The bridge for example has the oval shaped dome in the ceiling; the ship model is circular! - How does one get the two to cooperate? The door to shuttlebay 2 (and 3 I guess): On the actual set, the shuttlebay door clearly stood one deck tall and yet on the ship model the door is more like two!
    count23 wrote: »
    Looks excellent. Only bit of advice is but a bit more of a noise on the roughness for the walls, it does seem a smidge washed out under the light levels you have.

fun fact, did you know the nacelle control room ended up being attached to Voyager's engineering set? the walk-through area between the doors and the warp core is the nacelle control room alcove :)
    Thanks count23. Yeah, I see what you are saying about the walls; mine do look somewhat pristine! =)

...and no, I did not know that Voyager's engineering set was a redress of the nacelle control room set.

bblze1upy3qt.jpg

0lcy3eehvedx.jpg

Well hows about that! :)

Nice.
    For the plasma effect, did you think about particles? Maybe that's overkill. Though I am curious about how the first attempt looked.

I'd show you the first attempt/s if they weren't so embarrassing! =) =)

What I actually did was *cough-cough* was take this collection of screen grabs from the episode:

hnzc7tszogk3.jpg

...extract the drive plasma element from them and tried to manipulate, repair and gap fill the effect in Photoshop; the intention being to achieve something that would be useable as a straight ahead texture map. - But no.

nhm9l2yb9t1p.jpg

4tzaoj0fl10p.jpg

...Just no! =)

But no, I never considered particles since I have zero experience using them; I'm not even sure... I'm running LightWave 9.6; does that even give me the option to employ particle effects?
    Freak wrote: »
    That Control Room looks Great!
    I'm glad you dig it Freak. - Cheers!
    Lizzy777
  • Adam WarnockAdam Warnock65 Posts: 102Member
    RE: Lightwave Particles

I dunno. I've always used blender except for a few attempts at learning to use MAX/Maya when I could get a license for free in college.

I think I might try making that when I'm done with what I'm working on.