Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPheiffer Class Starship Using Blender: a Surveyor for the Ambassador Family

Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
edited November 2019 in Work in Progress #1
DuihnkE.jpg

(Header Pic)

I don't remember where I came across the pics, but a few years back someone posted a bash of an Ambassador Class Ertl kit. I still have the pics. I"m a sucker for these model kit bashes, especially when they are done well, because I used to do them myself. I still Have the pics:

GW4wskS.jpg

8UPiWKz.jpg

wHD8Cm5.jpg

fkU8cOc.jpg

i7rt0y6.jpg

j6f7nn3.jpg

p6EwPFj.jpg

XWs9smL.jpg

I really liked this one. The parts were re-used so cleverly, and the concept of an Akula-Like Ambassador bash appealed to me greatly. I thought I would very much like to do a mesh of this bash some day. I added it to my list of future projects, and that's the number I drew. So here goes.

I started by bashing my Ambassador mesh in just exactly the same way as this artist bashed his kits:

n86ZdPe.jpg

FFMthNh.jpg

OmEeQbA.jpg

R5dto69.jpg

YPMVSG1.jpg

qt5sMQR.jpg

yJjfjE3.jpg

This is just a first step, to get an idea how he pulled his work off, and to give me a starting model to make a fresh mesh from. Even in this form, it actually looks pretty good. I could stick this mesh in the background of a scene, and it would serve as an excellent extra in a battle (or Ship Graveyard) scene...

Since I'm not limited to mere kit bashing, I'm going to go ahead and build this mesh from the ground up. I've decided I'm going to scale it down and make a scout or destroyer type hull. Something akin to an Akula class, but in the Ambassador family. Should be fun to work it out here.

Post edited by Guerrilla on
Rekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777
Tagged:

• RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Interesting concept, I like your idea of making it smaller, will keep an eye on this one! :)
    Polaris 004
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited November 2019 #3
    Yep, it's interesting so far. It reminds me of the Challenger class, only older and less flat.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Polaris 004
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Rekkert wrote: »
    Interesting concept, I like your idea of making it smaller, will keep an eye on this one! :)

Yeah, I'm going to shrink it by at least a third. I think about .7 is where I want it to be:

8S9nsyA.png

t3OUuQF.png

Q1prmup.png

So I started sketching out the basic shapes I might want:

s5Atu7W.jpg

Qq2EwBM.jpg

VK6oQC5.jpg

9Hllfcu.jpg

2ZvQcAp.jpg

As you can see, the shape is very close to the straight up kit bash. Just some minor changes to the saucer shape, particularly the under dome, and refinements to the back end of the secondary hull, where a straightforward aft shuttle bay is going to be. Easy-Peasy. I'll carry over most of the detail from the Ambassador Class- really the hardest decision I have to make is the shape and details of the impulse engines.

Yep, it's interesting so far. It reminds me of the Challenger class, only older and less flat.

Yeah, that's probably why I'm so into it. I love the Challenger Class.
    Lizzy777Freak
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member

Done. Really happy with the way it turned out, but I think I messed up and made it a little too big to be a scout. I'm going to call it a surveyor and call it good!

I really like this look; I'm thinking of modeling an entire Ambassador family.

DuihnkE.jpg

OMttg58.jpg

2cprp7N.jpg

OLsCRRp.jpg

c7h1IeE.jpg

4tRkHaY.jpg

gGWXcEO.jpg

iEu86No.jpg

CQj2zAK.jpg

WgEFVAq.jpg

d4zbbbF.jpg

jYSAvXS.jpg

Oaga6Do.jpg

PacQfcT.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777ashleytingerFreakBrandenberg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    It came out great.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Very, very interesting!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I was not a fan of this design at first but has grown on me.