Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Hi there!

It's been a year since the Big Move, so we'd appreciate it, if you let us know how we're doing in our occasional feedback thread. :)
Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

3DFlashback from the 90's...

japetusjapetus179 SeattlePosts: 782Member
edited October 2019 in Finished Work #1
qjcjbo35dg12.png
Been a long time...but thought I'd share a pretty funny old animation from circa 1998 I came across from my closet the other day. Rendered when I took an animation course at DigiPen. I bought a VHS converter cable recntly to be able to digitize it and upload it for modern times. Enjoy all the particles and combustion effects! =)

Post edited by japetus on
Tagged:

• ComcoComco295 Posts: 1,267Administrator
    I think this is a first for me - seeing an amateur CGI animation converted from a VHS cassette! :D

It's quite amazing how far we've come, eh? I was going to ask what software you used, but those atmospheric effects explosions definitely look like 3ds Max to me ;)
  • TralfazTralfaz210 Posts: 740Member
    Even back then, your talent showed through!
  • japetusjapetus179 SeattlePosts: 782Member
    Thanks guys, yeah it's quite fun to look back. It's 3ds Max. Thanks for the compliments Tralfaz!