Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWarp Fighter and other ships

• BarricadeBarricade198 Posts: 180Member
    That Prototype art....
    Would the pilot happen to have the last name of Ichijo? Or Saotome?
    ;)
  • kadenkaden799 JapanPosts: 219Member
    haha the drawing is just white squiggles for names.

Some more on the cockpit, I also did some details on the underside of the wings, but I am not sure if I am happy with it at the moment.
    Cockpit interior is a placeholder for now.
    sejywmfd3elb.jpg
    7l72hgnld1m0.jpg
    evil_genius_180FreakLizzy777RekkertpubliusrkomaroMadKoiFishMcCBrandenbergwibble
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited April 2020 #154
    Love that thing. To be honest I wish I had one to put on the top of my Prometheus variant project in place of the bridge warp nacelle. Triple thumbs up on the new canopy. Looks very sophisticated.
    Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Thanks, lots more little things to add, like locking latch details and the hinges. And of course the proper interior.
    Maybe put a little landing pad and hanger up behind the bridge lol.
    srspicer
    Been working on the glowy materials and the surrounding geometry. I still need some noise on the glass parts but the rest the nodes are pretty much sorted. Very basic node set up so it will be easy to make powered down versions.

Also there are some more panels on it. I lost all the decals so I have to re apply them, but before I do that I will re draw them.

fx7z30hir1oe.jpg
    p5fx3dt0qb9v.jpg
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777srspicerkomaroBrandenbergwibble
    That's just spectacular. You've taken a lot of care with this.
  • P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Now I‘m thinking about if Space:Above and Beyond could somehow work in the Star Trek Universe ... your ship would be kind of perfect for it 😁👌
    Panel lines on the nacelles and bits and pieces added. Some little add on parts I might remove.

mxirei6ch2xv.jpg
    P5ych0p4thRekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777publiusrFreakBrandenbergMcCwibble
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    This is coming together great! Cockpit especially looks awesome
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Your work on this has been excellent.
    edited May 2020 #162
    Thanks, I just hope I am able to texture it well. I haven't done much texturing in the past.
    I still have some wing top panel lines and the cockpit to work on, so hopefully I can do some today.

Edit, this is a previous render showing some of the bottom panel work.
    k6hesjy0h8lx.jpg
    Post edited by kaden on
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777FreaksrspicerBrandenbergcommandersozo
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Lovely
    Getting there maybe a few more bits around the hull and the cockpit to go. Then textures, materials and decals.
    kzikcxcthhmi.jpg
    evil_genius_180komaroFreakashleytingerP5ych0p4thMadKoiFishsrspicerpubliusrLizzy777Brandenbergand 2 others.
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    edited May 2020 #165
    I always have a hard time with fighter small ships in Star Trek. I like that design. I prefer the way you did the panels and general coloring.
    Post edited by komaro on
    publiusr
    Added more panels, piping and small details. I don't think I will add any more major things, I want to try finalise everything and get it done. I have been working on the cockpit but nothing to show so far. Then the next big thing is textures, which I have little experience with... hopefully it will turn out ok.
    gcrthgvelwgu.jpg
    aas3nfm0mmsh.jpg
    3fuznxujdgf0.jpg

ashleytingerFreakLizzy777srspicerBrandenbergevil_genius_180commandersozoMcCwibble
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very nice!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looks awesome!
    This really is amazing. Love your work.
    The level of detail on this is really nice.
    Thanks guys.
    I spent some more time last night adding little greebles and testing the stripes. (not in the render) It is a little dark because I was messing around with materials on the main colour.
    I just want to add some detail in those dark cutout parts then the outside details should be finished. Then I will continue the cockpit.
    ngz141jj30l2.png
    xaer18uwis2i.png

srspicerLizzy777RekkertFreakcommandersozorojrenBrandenbergMustang13Camaro68Hunter GMcCand 1 other.
  • Hunter GHunter G1905 Posts: 543Member
    I can't get over how much I love this. And that material color suits it well
    edited June 2020 #173
    Thanks. Even with the other colours that I could do I still come back to the grey and dark grey. With a little red too.

I should probably update, so far I am making the cockpit, but its just blocked out and not finalized yet. And I am working on decals. I posted this one on twitter but it is still pretty similar to the last pics here.
    iuatoqdacthy.png

Post edited by kaden on
    RekkertLizzy777Brandenbergevil_genius_180srspicerMadKoiFishFreakMcCrojrenwibble
    As you know, I love this ship.
    I love all of the detail you're packing into this, yet it doesn't seem overdone.
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Can't wait to see the cockpit!
    Nothing to show on the cockpit just yet, I did resize the whole ship down a little, it now sits at about 16.5m long 10m wide. So about as long as the Type-11 shuttle, which seems ok.

If anyone has ideas about cockpit consoles etc, let me know, I am still deciding if I want a simple layout with minimal displays or full on fighter craft panels with physical buttons.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I would say put a Control Stick in there, but in reality I don't think it would.
    Remember when Tom Paris but in the yoke and controls in the Delta Fly and not a touch pad. The Crew looked at him as if he was mad.
    Oh yeah it is definitely having a control stick, throttle and pedals. I was thinking beside the stick a normal lcars pad for fine thruster movements.
    There was still the random Riker stick control and that Romulan shuttle had one too. So it isn't too mad to have one. I understand large ships and shuttles would probably be more automated and not need fine controls.
    7mow0wx3tyab.png

Mostly built up to where I am happy with it now. Next is the displays, controls and extras inside stuff. oh and more seat cushions.
    Once that's all done I will be going over everything on the ship and getting it ready for making the materials. I need to learn all that again.

And just a pic messing around with the eevee real time stuff.
    iwozd7kzztvc.png

evil_genius_180MadKoiFishBrandenbergLizzy777Freakwibble
    The cockpit is looking fantastic.