Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDestroyat Class w/ some interiors

• P5ych0p4thP5ych0p4th476 GermanyPosts: 341Member
    Technically not new but I really like this one, so I rendered it again with a higher sample count and a higher resolution.

bt0hv3zc6dvo.png
    Rekkertevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenbergRory1707
    Worked a little on the Rooms in the saucer. The Edges are now more rounded and I added some crossbeams. Also the windows are now a little smaller and a little lower. there's also a little more detail in some od the props but that isn't really visible in this picture.

v2tg6ly9o6uq.png
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBrandenbergRory1707
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Both of those are looking great. The crossbeams are a good idea, they add a hint of structural support.
    P5ych0p4th
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    IRML wrote: »
    really cool stuff in this thread

I agree! What fun to be able to outfit one of my ships with interiors and all sorts of furnishings, and crew. This is great stuff, and very well thought out. I would make my walls, and especially my deck plating thicker. Not that the materials wouldn't be strong enough, because they surely would be, but it just looks wrong, somehow. I Imagine the decks and the floors just STUFFED with pipes and conduits and tech of every sort for filtering, security, emergency storage an so on. I ideally would like to put crawl spaces between every floor, but I know from experience trying to lay decks out and account for everything, that this just does not work, from a practical standpoint.

Anyway, I really especially like your shuttle bays. I really might try to to some shuttle bays in the future, it would be a good place to start with interiors...

P5ych0p4th
    IRML wrote: »
    really cool stuff in this thread

I agree! What fun to be able to outfit one of my ships with interiors and all sorts of furnishings, and crew. This is great stuff, and very well thought out. I would make my walls, and especially my deck plating thicker. Not that the materials wouldn't be strong enough, because they surely would be, but it just looks wrong, somehow. I Imagine the decks and the floors just STUFFED with pipes and conduits and tech of every sort for filtering, security, emergency storage an so on. I ideally would like to put crawl spaces between every floor, but I know from experience trying to lay decks out and account for everything, that this just does not work, from a practical standpoint.

Anyway, I really especially like your shuttle bays. I really might try to to some shuttle bays in the future, it would be a good place to start with interiors...

Yeah ... I should have gone with thicker walls. But it would be too much work, to change all of that now. I made them a little bit thicker in the engeneering section, but there's nothing much to show yet. That being said, there's actually quite a bit of room above and below most of the rooms of the ship, allthough, you don't see that in most of the pictures.

Originally I only wanted to do the stuff, you can actually see from the outside, but got a little carried away (as one does :-D ) ... but I don't think I'm going to start putting in maintenence tubes an conduits -- I think, for that, I should actually start with some deckplans ... or plans at all

Maybe I'll do a small ship next, there, I could actually lay out all that stuff. But I'm pretty set on doing a Daedalus Class next, so we'll see ...
    evil_genius_180
    Well, a Daedalus class is kind of small. ;)
    P5ych0p4th
    Forgot to trun on the lights before rendering ... but well ... It kind of makes the interiors pop =)

r1k18bt3q0q4.jpg

And here's just another render of the back ...

0qiqwpokpew1.png
    Lizzy777Rekkertevil_genius_180FreakBrandenberg
    You could use that dark one as an illumination pass. ;)
    P5ych0p4th
    I'm still recovering from all those exams, so there's not much progress. However I do have some fresh renders for y'all ...

I made the windows on the saucer ever so slightly smaller and centered them vertically. Also I opted for portholes for the crewquarters on the lower rim to change things up a little

sjrpnsg95ul9.png
    2av7qq62obee.jpg

The interiors needed to be tweaked just a little to fit with the new windows but that wasn't too much work

kd4jd6tcfe1k.png

Also: I did a little more work on the bridge some time ago but adn't really time to render out an image. So here's one now.

bleqhwwwuoaj.png

Hope you enjoy! ;-)

My new job (at least for the next four months) at the district court doesn't start until November, so maybe there's time to work on that engineroom a little. But there's also a lot of other things still to do in real life ... guess we'll see :-D
    ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180ViperRekkertFreakRory1707
  • ViperViper1678 Posts: 717Administrator
    That's looking sweet man :)
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    I love how that bridge is shaping up!
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Really nice renders.
    I take it that crew quarters is for an officer?
    Freak wrote: »
    Really nice renders.
    I take it that crew quarters is for an officer?

Well ... the one‘s on the Top of the Saucer are a little bigger, so probably not. However there‘s still more than enough room for some bunk-bed-ones with no windows 🤔
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nice!
    P5ych0p4th
    Sadly I can‘t really do much modeling at the moment put here are at least some fresh renders of the bar from the inside and the outside.

btd7ngmw514n.jpeg

backk8fkd50q.png
    ashleytingerevil_genius_180Lizzy777FreakBolianAdmiralRory1707
    Interesting effect. I would love to see it without them. I also think a bit of a general blur would help sell the old feeling.
    @Viper no problem, here you go:

ein7opzuswxa.jpeg

bi4fcvk6596c.jpeg

But why more blur? I feel like it‘s almost too much in the interior scene 🤔
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777BolianAdmiralRory1707
    I like the clean renders as well :) As for the blur, it just seems that while you have blur, some thing are also really sharp, so it kinda takes away from the effect.
    @Viper ... well I did some experimenting with general Blur in the blender compositer, but I was never really happy with it. I kind of like the sharpness, if I take the time, to render the shots in 4K 😅

ahii27zq0vz1.png

ftdpt25o2iyc.png
    evil_genius_180Lizzy777Rory1707
    I think that's really only for when you are doing that old time photo effect, or if you want to make some sort of VHS effect. For regular stuff, no blur at all is better.
    As I've stated in your finished art thread, I really like that photo effect you've been doing lately. However, I don't feel it's necessarily appropriate for every single render. I like it on the exterior shot of the Destroyat better than the lounge shot. Just my opinion, of course. Your work is always good.
    P5ych0p4th
    @evil_genius_180 ... yeah ... I have a tendency to overuse such stuff. It‘ll fizzle out, once I can actually do some Modeling again, I‘m sure 😅
    Some fresh shots from the observation lounge. I was originally planing, to put in a conference table or something but I must say, I kind of like it as this open space for stargazing or something 🤔

aefnd3da18jk.png
    The saucer looks a little boring from that angle. Might have to do something about that. And I think, I will switch back to a sold glass dome for the Bridge.

84bcvb8fglx7.png
    While I do like the asian science officer (diversity, yay! 😁), her light skintone makes it hard, to give those pictures some real contrast 😅

1s9ksj0atgfs.png
    The view of the ship from the observation lounge.

vbhw3nxvettl.png
    Trying out some different angles. The character models aren‘t really supposed to hold up this close, but I must say, it could be a lot worse. You can even make out his glorious eyelashes 😁

ashleytingerevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryLizzy777Freak
    Those are cool. Though, with no furniture it's not really a lounge. It's just an observation room. ;)
    P5ych0p4th
  • ashleytingerashleytinger1998 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    I am ABSOLUTELY in love with the wood rain on the support beams in this room.
    P5ych0p4th
    @evil_genius_180 ... well ... I could always model the worlds largest couch 🤔😁

@ashleytinger ... Thank you! 🙏
    P5ych0p4th wrote: »
    @evil_genius_180 ... well ... I could always model the worlds largest couch 🤔😁

I was thinking just some chairs and maybe a few tables, like the observation lounge on the TMP Enterprise. But, you've gotta go with what works for you. ;)
    Did a little flyby test:

LoopholeFreakLizzy777evil_genius_180Warp Propulsion Laboratory
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice Fly by.
    edited April 2020 #121
    Yeah, that looks really nice. Animation is where all of that work on the interiors really pays off, at least as far as exterior shots go. There's no substitute for fully modeled interiors.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
    Warp Propulsion LaboratoryP5ych0p4th