Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Greetings!

Welcome to the fancy new Scifi-Meshes.com! You old username and password should work. If not, get in touch with staff either here, on Facebook or on Discord.

For a quick summary on what's new, check out this thread.
You should also check out the Community Guidelines here.
You can check out most recent posts here or by clicking the handy links on the top menu or the sidebar.

You can dismiss this message by clicking the little X in the top right corner.

Star Trek: The Klingon Weapon Final Product Remastered (Complete)

Chris2005Chris2005347 Posts: 2,975Member
edited August 31 in Finished Work #1
I had originally did this little off the cuff animation project almost, if not 10 years ago at this point. So I decided, the original was looking dated and I wanted to see what I could do with it now... so here it is, in full HD. :D Some things have been changed, such as certain audio effects so they were replaced (don't shoot me. :p ) Thanks for viewing.

Original release can be seen in the link below:

dy5yda3uor3l.png
Post edited by Guerrilla on
Lizzy777
  • Like - Lizzy777 on August 31, 2019.
furswift
  • Like - furswift on September 5, 2019.
Rekkert
  • Like - Rekkert on September 12, 2019.

• trekkitrekki275 Posts: 815Member
    Nice Animation.
    Nice to see you again.
  • Chris2005Chris2005347 Posts: 2,975Member
    Thanks. :D Yea, I'm still doing animation stuff, not as frequently, it took over a year to finish this. lol
  • FreakFreak567 Posts: 3,626Member
    That's a great Amination!
  • ComcoComco292 Posts: 1,261Administrator
    Welcome back. :) Some really nice work there. I especially liked your effect for the torpedo hitting the 'energy field' around the planet early on. Is that a 2d composited element?
    edited September 3 #6
    Freak wrote: »
    That's a great Amination!

Thanks. :D
    Comco wrote: »
    Welcome back. :) Some really nice work there. I especially liked your effect for the torpedo hitting the 'energy field' around the planet early on. Is that a 2d composited element?

Thanks. :) It's a 2D effect mapped onto a sphere at the same radius as the "rings." :D
    Post edited by Chris2005 on
  • Rizzo_the_SpaceratRizzo_the_Spacerat26 Germany, HanoverPosts: 9Member
    Hi,

that looks quite amazing. I have a question. I have become quite decent in the 3d modeling part. But the textureing part still eludes me completely. I have a (from my point of view) finished 3d model ob an Oberth Class ship and i really like this plating texture on the Star TRek Ships that you used on the Constitution class. How did you generate this pattern?
    Hi,

that looks quite amazing. I have a question. I have become quite decent in the 3d modeling part. But the textureing part still eludes me completely. I have a (from my point of view) finished 3d model ob an Oberth Class ship and i really like this plating texture on the Star TRek Ships that you used on the Constitution class. How did you generate this pattern?

Thanks. :D Unfortunately, I can't answer that, because the textures weren't created by me, but rather the creator of the model.