Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D1701-E Desert World & Nebula

JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
edited July 2019 in Finished Work #1
I haven't posted anything in a really long time, so created a new scene with my favorite Star Trek ship.

EDIT: Took the advice of Evil_Genius_180 and changed around the lighting. My first image I put way too much emphasis on the planet and nebula illuminating the ship and neglected the actual sunlight. I also thought I had a little too much blur on the ship, so I rendered out using the Mitchell filter this time and lowered the blur amount to bring out the detail more. Finally I lowered the nebula flare glow slightly to add a bit more contrast to the space around the image.

gk6apzvbnolh.png

Let me know what you think! : )
Post edited by Guerrilla on
FreakLizzy777evil_genius_180scifiericMcCRedeyes
Tagged:

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    edited July 2019 #3
    That's a really nice looking render of a great Enterprise model. The planet also looks great. However, the ship and planet appear to be lit from different sources. The light hitting the ship seems to be coming from forward and to the upper left, while the light hitting the planet appears to be in the lower right.
    Post edited by evil_genius_180 on
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    edited July 2019 #4
    That's a really nice looking render of a great Enterprise model. The planet also looks great. However, the ship and planet appear to be lit from different sources. The light hitting the ship seems to be coming from forward and to the upper left, while the light hitting the planet appears to be in the lower right.

I took your advice plus made a few minor adjustments and updated the image in my initial post. Let me know what you think.

Post edited by JMoney on
    JMoney wrote: »
    I took your advice plus made a few minor adjustments and updated the image in my initial post. Let me know what you think.

The lighting looks great now. I don't know what other adjustments you made, but it looks awesome now. :)
    JMoney wrote: »

The lighting looks great now. I don't know what other adjustments you made, but the whole image looks great. :)

• ChlorelChlorel171 STRASBOURG (France)Posts: 5Member
    nice image, but no light coming from desert planet ??
  • JMoneyJMoney189 Posts: 127Member
    edited July 2019 #8
    Chlorel wrote: »
    nice image, but no light coming from desert planet ??

The entire ship has a brown/orange tint from the planet lighting. It's the only reason the top half isn't pitch black. There's even light blue light hitting the front from slightly above too for atmosphere. The ship isn't under the planet by any means, it's approaching it. Plus if it was any brighter the ship wouldn't match the contrast of the image as a whole either. I'm happy with it now. : )
    Post edited by JMoney on
    I think you did the spill off from the planet just right. After all, light is bouncing off of it, but it's not a light source.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Great job, I also have the hardest time with lighting. I've been working on a render of my Hawking for days but the lighting never seems right. Now I'm starting over with a different background image so I know how difficult it can get. Keep up the great work.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,564Member
    I love this. It could be a screen shot from NEM.