Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFreak's Trek Build's

167891012»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Thanks @lennier1 that should be very helpful.
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Cool good start... I cant explain why but I love the oberth class???
    Freak
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,558Member
    count23 wrote: »
    I have a pile of refs of the studio model if you're interetsed, let me know. Oberth was on my "to model next" list, actually... someone may as well use hte refs while i can't :)

I’d be interested in those, too, if you’re also willing to share them with me. 😊

Freak, great start on the Oberth... I’ve always loved the design of that ship.
    Freak
    Thanks Guys and agian thanks for the refs.
    So with that, I am going to hit pause of this for the moment while I look over those ref's.
    Then it back to work, the break will not be to long.

I am also thinking of doing a modified version that fixes the issues of getting between the primary and secondary hulls. But that will only be after I have finished building the original version.
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    You don't see a lot of Oberth's around, it's a cute little ship, imo lol
    Freak
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    With it being that time of year, progress on this is a little slower than I would like. But hay-ho family commitments have to come first.

Anyway, have finished modelling everything on the second part of the Primary hull. It is only one deck in height, but it got plenty of space above and below the main decks and all that hardware you never see on screen like the grav-plating. I also see this area of the ship holding a lot of the science labs sensor etc.

On the modelling side, working on the main meshes went quite quick. What was the time consuming part was modelling all the Greebles. I don’t have a stock file were I can just pull them over and just place them. So they are all modelled from scratch. (Maybe I should great a file for this sort of this as I working on these projects.)

As I only have a basic lighting set up on this model (just a simple sun.), after the first picture I turned on the ambient lighting so you can see all the details.

201212-oberth-00.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-01-1.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-02-1.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-03-1.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-04-1.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-05-1.png?w=1024

201212-oberth-06-1.png?w=1024

Now onto the Pylon's, followed by the Nacelles.
    Lizzy777publiusrashleytingerBolianAdmiralJESChiefBrex
  • markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Glad to see more progress on this :)
    Freak
    Thanks.
    Well it been nearly two months since I posted an update on this project. As mentioned in a pervious post I have been busy. But I am now back.

I have mainly been working on the pylons that connect the primary hull to the secondary hull. I also added a Transporter emitter onto top of the primary hull. Yes I know it’s not on the original model. But I thought I would add it here. I can always remove it.

I will next be working on the nacelles before moving onto the secondary hull.

210213-oberth-00-1.png?w=1024

210213-oberth-01-1.png?w=1024

210213-oberth-02-1.png?w=1024

210213-oberth-03-1.png?w=1024

210213-oberth-04-1.png?w=1024
    lewisnivenashleytingerWarp Propulsion LaboratoryBolianAdmiralRekkertJESLizzy777
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2491 UKPosts: 462Member
    Looking great, I keep thinking about doing an oberth, it seems a bit under represented in the trek modelling sphere.
    Freak
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,558Member
    Very nice... I’ve always loved the Oberth.
    Freak
  • JESJES390 Posts: 194Member
    I find it ironic that the Soviet rocket scientist gets a starship class named after him (Korolev), but the guy who invented FTL for his race (Cochrane) only gets an older Science Vessel design named after him. Couldn't they have made the Cochrane something newer like a Nebula class? Where is the justice?

But I love looking at this. I'm amazed at the work you've put into this.
    Freak
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    I would like to see one with the saucer detaching upwards—the only occupied part of the ship, say.

Eliminates the need for Turbolift queries...
    Thanks for the comments guys.
    JES wrote: »
    I find it ironic that the Soviet rocket scientist gets a starship class named after him (Korolev), but the guy who invented FTL for his race (Cochrane) only gets an older Science Vessel design named after him. Couldn't they have made the Cochrane something newer like a Nebula class? Where is the justice?

But I love looking at this. I'm amazed at the work you've put into this.

Your right Cochrane, does deserve his own class. But given how much of the Starfleet history we don't know about, how to say that the NX class was renamed the Cochrane once Earth Starfleet became the Federation Starfleet. Or maybe another class from that era that we have never seen.
    publiusr wrote: »
    I would like to see one with the saucer detaching upwards—the only occupied part of the ship, say.

Eliminates the need for Turbolift queries...

After I have finished building this girl, I will be adding a neck to solve that problem as a variant.

edited February 2021 #346
    No update to show at the moment.
    On Firday an old school friend told me he got himself a 3D printer and told me he could print out one of my models.
    So this weekend I grabbed the TNG Type 6 model, then spent the rest of the time fixing it do that it could be 3D printed.
    I never gotten a model ready for 3D printing so I had to read up on it. From what I have read the model needs to be one object with everything connected. As my Models are just multiple shapes put together, I had to spend some time connecting everything. But I got it done and sent it over to my friend.
    Now it just wait and see how it turn out.

In the meantime back to work on this.
    Post edited by Freak on