Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DViper's miscellaneous Star Trek projects

• ViperViper1679 Posts: 717Administrator
    edited November 2019 #272
    Please do an orthographic view

I'm guessing you mean of the Kusanagi? I will. I have other people asking for them. I just keep forgetting to open the file and set it up.

I've progressed quite a bit with the Drydock. Couple of images below. I'm focusing on getting the inner part ready so I can do some renders, but I'll eventually work on the outside stuff as well. This one will probably be another project that I'll work on occasionally and do add-ons as needed.

drydock08.jpg
    drydock09.jpg
    Post edited by Viper on
    ashleytingerLizzy777evil_genius_180FreakWarp Propulsion LaboratoryMcCBrandenberg
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Nice start ! :)
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    The dock is looking really nice so far.
    Even more stuff done here. I ended up going a bit crazy with the details in the ceiling, but that's all right :)
    drydock13.jpg
    drydock14.jpg
    Lizzy777MadKoiFishFreakrojrenevil_genius_180ashleytingerRekkertWarp Propulsion LaboratorysrspicerMcCand 2 others.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    The Drydock is looking great!
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Coming together really nicely. The ceiling detail is really well thought out.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
    I more or less finished the inside parts. Here are a couple of renders with some basic lighting to show the details, and then a shot with the Enterprise. I'll render that properly eventually. I had to use denoiser to get it done in a timely manner.
    drydock18.jpg
    drydock19.jpg
    drydock20.jpg
    MadKoiFishevil_genius_180FreakLizzy777McCashleytingerlewisnivenBrandenbergxiaorobearwibble
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    Very nice!
    Viper
    This drydock has turned out really nice.
    I am going to building one of these some day.
    Viper
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9714 Posts: 5,302Member
    denoiser? you putting this out in cycles or in arnold?
    Viper
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • scifiericscifieric1122 Posts: 1,497Member
    Oh man, that's beautiful!
    Viper
    I really like the details you're putting into this dock.
    Viper
    Thanks everyone :)
    Freak wrote: »
    This drydock has turned out really nice.
    I am going to building one of these some day.

Do it :) It's actually a lot of fun if you are not doing a screen accurate version. There's an easter egg on mine, pretty obvious one actually. It's non trek related. Wondering if anyone will spot it ;)
    MadKoiFish wrote: »
    denoiser? you putting this out in cycles or in arnold?

All my stuff is rendered with vray. It has denoising as well.
    Yeah I don't think I will do a screen accurate one, but it look like fun.

As for the Easter egg, I am guessing it not the multiple roulette wheels. ;)
    Freak wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think I will do a screen accurate one, but it look like fun.

As for the Easter egg, I am guessing it not the multiple roulette wheels. ;)

Well, the bit I'm talking about is definitely round :)

BTW, some folks have been asking for this:

kusanagi-orthos.jpg

I wouldn't mind some LCARs graphics done of her if someone wants to ;) I'll work on some eventually, but it's really far off.
    evil_genius_180ashleytingerP5ych0p4thFreakRekkertLizzy777slybrarianBrandenbergsrspicerMcCand 2 others.
    The ship looks great.
    Viper
  • ashleytingerashleytinger2001 Central OhioPosts: 1,233Member
    What evil genius said. :)
    Viper
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Love how the Kusanagi turned out!

In my head-canon, in-universe ship designs for capital ships got split after the NX-Class. One line evolved to the Constitution all the way to the Sovereign, keeping the three hull configuration; while another line kept the catamarans and internal engineering, eventually evolving to the Akira. This is now a great middle step on that line! :)

Also, that drydock is looking great!
    ashleytingersrspicerViperBrandenberg
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    edited November 2019 #290
    Viper wrote: »

As a friend of mine would say, "Is it the self-sealing stembolts?"

Really nice drydock Viper.

Post edited by Brandenberg on
    Viper
  • srspicersrspicer390 Posts: 335Member
    edited December 2019 #291
    Rekkert wrote: »

In my head-canon, in-universe ship designs for capital ships got split after the NX-Class. One line evolved to the Constitution all the way to the Sovereign, keeping the three hull configuration; while another line kept the catamarans and internal engineering, eventually evolving to the Akira. This is now a great middle step on that line! :)

Really like your design evolution theory, I'm going to steal it and make it my own!!!

And love the drydock Viper!
    Post edited by srspicer on
    Viper
    Thanks for all the comments :) I was super busy with work last week and over the weekend, so I wasn't able to work on much. I have a proper render coming for the Kusanagi, but it still needs more work. Hope to finish it soon.

Thanks :) That's an interesting idea btw. Ambassador era would be a challenge to fill in.
    Viper wrote: »

As a friend of mine would say, "Is it the self-sealing stembolts?"

Really nice drydock Viper.

Well, I guess I made it harder by not showing up close. The round glowing part next to the ceiling lights is the reactor from Ironman :)
    Rekkert
    Still not sure what the round thing by the reactor is.
    I've been super busy lately, but yesterday I finished a few things and should be free again to work on things. Star Trek: The Motion Picture anniversary is tomorrow and I ended up not finishing the drydock in time :confused: So my commemoration image will be a few days late, unfortunately. Here's a little preview though :)
    drydock21.jpg
    drydock22.jpg
    Rekkertevil_genius_180MadKoiFishrojrenLizzy777ashleytingerFreakxiaorobearMcCP5ych0p4thand 1 other.
    For this image I'll have the drydock in copper color to echo the movie. So here it is adjusted. I also toned the blue down a bit and made the arms of the lights a bit thinner.

I'll work on the office structure next so I can have the connector arm to the saucer. Not sure what I'll do yet, so if I can't figure out I'll just do something like the movie drydock has but with my own spin on it ;)

drydock25.jpg
    FreakLizzy777ComcoMcCMadKoiFishP5ych0p4thwibble
    Nice.

I was watching TMP the other day and I notice that the drydock has a docking station port to connect with the saucer Docking hatch. However it was on the wrong side of the saucer. I went back to see if the station had one on the other side but it didn't.
    edited December 2019 #297
    It's on the correct side. Looking from that angle, the docking port on the saucer is to the right side of the image. And here's a screenshot from the movie:

mhd6qm1znp6m.png
    Post edited by Viper on
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    The drydock's looking great, I look forward to that commemoration render you're teasing! :)
    Viper
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    The drydock's looking great, I look forward to that commemoration render you're teasing! :)

Thanks :) I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the weekend :)
    ashleytinger
    Love the drydock! It's worthy of all your work. I watched ST TMP recently and even the detail you can see as the travel pod goes by the Enterprise refit is staggering. They really scavenged a lot of model kits and probably hardware stores for that thing.
    So, it has been a while. I got sick over Christmas and then work just have been crazy. The drydock scene still needs some parts done. I'll get to it soon. In the mean time, I'm trying to get back into a groove. So I decided to tackle an Akula Class proper. Here's my progress:
    akula16.jpg
    akula15.jpg
    akula14.jpg

I had been thinking about doing that shuttle bay in the forward section for a while. I'll use the same idea in the Saladin as well.
    lewisnivenMadKoiFishashleytingerRekkertevil_genius_180Warp Propulsion LaboratoryFreaksrspicerLizzy777shaved_apeand 4 others.