Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCustom Disco Ships (Game Detail <100k tri's)

Arvis1804Arvis18047 Posts: 16Member
edited April 2019 in Work in Progress #1
Been working on some customized Discovery-era ships for possible use in game modding and thought I'd share them as I build them.

The first finished one is a Crossfield-class starship (sans the shroom-go-vroom). Most notable changes to the ship are the thicker pylons, raised nacelle mounting points and customized nacelles themselves.

6z12qe6mryd2.png

https://sketchfab.com/models/72c1dcccdc764b94ae06a1c50221e088#UNIQSKFBVANILLA
Post edited by Arvis1804 on
RekkertLizzy777
Tagged:

• SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    There is no image
  • Arvis1804Arvis18047 Posts: 16Member
    Forum got a bit ahead of me lol.

There's now an image and a link to Sketchfab. :p
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Fixed the sketchfab embed. They changed their URL format recently, which is kinda annoying.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    edited April 2019 #5
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Fixed the sketchfab embed. They changed their URL format recently, which is kinda annoying.

Much appreciated. :D

Here's the next ship up that I've done the build on; a customized Magee-class that tries to stick a bit closer to Eaves' original concept art than what the visual artists ended up doing for the show.

I'll add the bussards, deflector dish and torpedo tubes during the texturing process as I already have those assets finished.

SPPnqP.png
    t44Kg9.png
    Lizzy777JMP11
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    edited April 2019 #6
    Can't say I'm much of a fan of the Magee, but your model is looking good. :+1:
    Post edited by Rekkert on
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    Just started watching Discovery last month... don't remember seeing this ship...
    lots of catching up for me I see...
    edited April 2019 #8
    The Magee-class U.S.S. Shran only appeared in Season 1 Episode 2 at the Battle of the Binary Stars. It is labeled in the image below.

It was created as a fully designed concept by John Eaves and then turned into a "reduced" version by the visual effects team as it wasn't going to be seen up close like most of the other ships. That being said, the VFX people removed a lot of detail off the ship and streamlined things due to its lesser visibility on screen. Specifically, they removed the impulse engines, shuttlebay doors and navigational deflector from the final model in addition to simplifying the upper bridge area and moving it from the center of the saucer toward the front. This version sticks closer to John Eaves' original design of the ship, of which several versions can be seen in the booklet that comes with the Eaglemoss die-cast model of the Magee-class.

pc128g3njtba.jpg

Closer view of the 3D asset, borrowed from Star Trek Online:
    original.jpg

• gpdesignergpdesigner203 MontrealPosts: 323Member
    That looks awesome with the textures on it...you have to do a scene shot next...
    That 3D asset of the Magee is from Star Trek Online lol.

I'm still working on UV mapping mine.
  • maranmaran178 Posts: 39Member
    I like the aesthetics of the design, sort of like a predecessor of the Defiant.

You have to feel for the crew that have their quarters on the outer port and starboard side of the saucer;
    having to walk through the warp coils every time your shift starts or ends :)
    Here's some test renders Jetfreak-7 over on DA did for me:

7pfdjk34lzpx.png
    iddey2glcol7.png
    7n0m2vpelk0w.png
    Lizzy777
    Avenger_Crossfield_Warp.png
    Lizzy777ashleytinger
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    That is just stunning.